Thread: Anyone beat the ALS fear without an EMG?

Question Anyone beat the ALS fear without an EMG?

Was just reading old posts of mine from April.. I was convinced my neck was weak.. now I am like ?? That sounds so stupid. At this point I am pretty sure I don't have anything but anxiety..

However, I went to a neuro twice and she is asking me to get an EMG. I think she believes this will reassure me and she is being cautious. She was quite confused regarding why I thought I had ALS... and said.. I do not believe you have ALS at this time.

I am very tempted to just cancel the EMG and put this shit behind me.. :/ the EMG seems to have stirred up this crazy impending doom in me that I'm not sure I can really handle.. What do you dudes think? I will note I have brisk reflexes all over that seemed to only have recently developed as it was not noted on my first neurologist exam as well, my legs often feel tired and I get cramp like symptoms. These are my most concerning signs. I am just worried EMG will mess with me too much if it isn't clean.. or if they don't give me the results right away... idn what are your opinions.. do I just await weakness and if it never comes be happy?

I was able to beat this fear previously with no EMG... I will note.. did anyone else beat this fear absent of EMG??

Re: Anyone beat the ALS fear without an EMG?

I have ALS fear which comes and goes. I’ve been to a neurologist but never had an EMG. I find the fear just does its thing, and waxes and wanes regardless of the tests....

Re: Anyone beat the ALS fear without an EMG?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information