Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gp has prescribed citalopram

Question gp has prescribed citalopram

After having anxiety for years and trying self help I made an appointment to see my gp. I saw him this morning and he says its panic attacks.Hes prescribed citalopram 20mg a day. I told him that Id been given prozac 2 years ago but had only taken about 3 as they gave me diarrohea and a strange feeling. He said in view of that to take 10mg for 2 weeks and then increase to 20mg.
    I asked about cbt,he said there is a waiting list of a year in this area! Ive signed up for a free cbt course online which I intend to start soon.
    I was so scared sitting waiting to see him but feel better now Ive managed to explain whats been happening to me. I'm about to take my first tablet and praying that they work for me. Anyone had good results on citalopram?

julie x

Re: gp has prescribed citalopram

Hi Julie, I have been on Citalopram 10mg daily for 6 weeks now. Only just started to feel nauseous with it but I am up and down really. I need to see my GP again for a 'review' as I may need my meds changed if this is what they are doing to me.

We all react in different ways so the only way you will know is by popping them and seeing if they help.

Best wishes and good luck

Mat x

Hi Julie,

I have been on citalopram for about 8 years now and they really did help me and after the initial minor side effects for the first few weeks I have had no problems with them at all, they keep my anxiety to a minimum 90% of the time I too tried prozac first and they sent me off the planet

Hope they help you as much as they did me

Take care

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Thanks mat and trace.
    Trace, what strength do you take. I took 10mg around 3pm today and feel a bit spaced out but ok.
    julie x

Hi Julie

I have been taking citalopram on and off for years, the med as really helped me.

I too hope they help you as much as they did me, let us know how things go hun.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Julie

I took Citalopram for about 9 months on the 10mg dose then upped to the 20mg then gradually back down again...

I did have side effects but my attacks were so bad it was hard to spot what was what really. Then after 10days I began to level out very slowly.
    Like you -I'd take one and get really spaced out!

I was fine with them after that. But if you have no joy with these then there are others so don't get upset if you haven't found what works for you.

Hope you ok. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Ive been on Citalopram for 2 months now!! generally ive been fantastic on them, im trying to work through whats causing my attacks, the first 2 weeks were a nightmare but if you can stick with them you find a change within a couple of weeks

Hi, I am on 20mg of Citalopram, I take mine just before I go to bed at night. It doesnt make me spaced out and I think it helps me sleep! x

Kate

I always took mine too before bed, i found i didnt get any side effects by doing it that way also.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

I am on 60mg of citalopram and take them in the mornings, if I am having panicey day then I also take quiet life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information