Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The slippery valium slope

The slippery valium slope

Feels like I've got the worst hangover in the world. Yesterday in total I took 16mg of Valium.

I feel like the 2mg are not doing what they did, so I end up taking 4mg 3 times a day instead of 6mg a day. This causes me to run low so some days I have to force myself to have less to ensure I don't run out completely.

On the days I have less, or non, the withdrawal is nasty. When people say "It's like hell" ... they're not joking lol. My anxiety is up and down like crazy because of this. I'm not sleeping properly.

Yesterday I had 4mg in the morning, and 4mg about 6pm. Then it got to 2am and I was wide awake. But I hadn't slept properly the night before and was shattered. So I took 8mg in 1 go. I may have taken 10mg I can't recall.

Within an hour I felt relaxed and I was able to sleep.

My tolerance for valium has increased. Which puts me in a position. I can't tell my doctor. I can't see him agreeing to up me to 4mg. And without these medications I don't have any sort of life. They help me so much. He'll probably want to start tapering to avoid putting me up. But I can't agree to that. Not when things have been going well for me in life recently.

I was offered a job, 40,000 a year. My financial situation is a mess and this job would have saved the day. But, I can't leave the house, and I can't work around others. So I'm feeling really really sh**ty right now. Like a messed up failure.

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Re: The slippery valium slope

Going to take a lot more tonight and hopefully never wake up again.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My tolerance for valium has increased. Which puts me in a position. I can't tell my doctor. I can't see him agreeing to up me to 4mg. And without these medications I don't have any sort of life. They help me so much. He'll probably want to start tapering to avoid putting me up. But I can't agree to that. Not when things have been going well for me in life recently.
    Unfortunately, diazepam isn't the answer and you really do need to get off it if you're taking nearly 3 times the prescribed dose. Sure, you're feeling great now, but what happens when 16mg/day doesn't cut it any more, and that day could be much closer than you think? Far better to be slowly weaning off than possibly being forced to go cold-turkey.

The other issue is that the BZDs have the same affect on your brain as stress hormones. Both inhibit hippocampal neurogenesis which is the underlying physical cause of anxiety and depression. Diazepam is actually making things worse for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Going to take a lot more tonight and hopefully never wake up again.
    Taking a permanent solution to a temporary problem isn't the answer, mate. Plus, you will probably worsen your situation.

Please talk to a family member or friend, or the Samaritans on 116 123 or 08457 90 90 90 asap.

And get an emergency appointment with your GP tomorrow and tell him/her what is going on

tok 56 miligrams a whol box gnite all shall see u on other side

James, please alert your partner to what you have taken and get urgent help. You are clearly in a lot of pain right now but please try to remember the good things in your life like your family who need you. You have your demons but you are also a talented guy who has plenty going for him and it's clear from your posting history you are a good guy too. It can very better and you know this, this is a hard slump but they always pass.

I'm sorry you've taken this path. Please call an ambulance, family member or friend, or the Samaritans on 116 123 or 08457 90 90 90 asap!!!! This is not a solution!!!

Has anyone heard from James after this?

He logged off minutes later. I hope he saw Ian's posts first.

James, get your partner to call that useless Crisis Team up and give them a massive kick up the backside for you. And as Ian says, call your GP who will want to see you urgently. They need to find a better solution for you. Your GP knows not to cold turkey someone dependant on these but obviously they will want to ensure your safety too. But you really need something that you can take longer term without the crashes you are having from the dependency. There must be solutions to this but it's more for a psychiatrist and your GP needs to kick the local authorities to get you in front of one of them.

Stay safe. You know people on here are around if you need support.

Hi James

We folk cares about you here

I just said a lil prayer for you.

If you really did take the rest of the bottle, my guess is that you'll wake up in about 14 hours with massive hangover. Then please follow the advise of the good folk here.

Could I suggest yous get your partner to become member here who we can alert for you if such a crisis comes again?

Hope your ok buddy and please get help. I know where your at

Charlie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information