Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

I know what you all are saying. It's "that guy" again. Be patient with me. I am really suffering here and this time it is a genuine physical ailment that, combined with my health anxiety, is making me non functional. I have to be honest that I can no longer help my actor clients anymore and I need to take time away to deal with my issues.

I hope this is all not too much information. I have been having persistent gut issues for almost two months. My BM's have been a mess if you know what I mean. There is this constant feeling of needing to have one every time right after I eat. My gut has been making all kinds of noises constantly and I have that constant dull ache and pressure in my abdomen.

This is scarring me to high heaven. I have been to my GP and he did a physical examination and said he did not think I needed a test at this time. But the symptoms don't stop and now I have stopped eating because I am afraid of what happens right after I eat. I am just an utter mess. I have spent too much time researching this. And all I hear is "change in bowel habits" is a big precursor to colon cancer. I am under 50 but not by a lot, so I am in the age range. Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues? Is that possible? Anyone know more about this kind of cancer and if my situation and symptoms fit into the "concerned" area?

The input from everyone here can be so meaningful when one feels like their life is shutting down. Thank you.

Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

I know it's tough, but I think you're safe to trust your GP on this one. Stress can wreak havoc on your guts, and if a professional says you're okay, you're probably okay.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I know it's tough, but I think you're safe to trust your GP on this one. Stress can wreak havoc on your guts, and if a professional says you're okay, you're probably okay.
    But how many times have we heard the stories of these family Doctors missing something. I get that I don't have the big red flag of blood in the BM's, but it haunts me that changes in bathroom habits can be written off as not concerning without even a test. I mean, are the things I described really considered in the range of "normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by dustybaer View Post
    But how many times have we heard the stories of these family Doctors missing something. I get that I don't have the big red flag of blood in the BM's, but it haunts me that changes in bathroom habits can be written off as not concerning without even a test. I mean, are the things I described really considered in the range of "normal"?
    So really you are saying you don't trust your doctor by really saying...yeah but....

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    So really you are saying you don't trust your doctor by really saying...yeah but....
    It's not that I don't trust him. I have been with him for almost 20 years. It's just that I have been doing the wrong thing and researching this and, I don't think any of you would disagree, colon cancer is one of the most misdiagnosed conditions. I guess it's called the silent killer.

I am suffering here. My mind may be sinking me as it has in the past. But this time I cannot look past the very real physical issues that are shutting me down. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but that is pretty accurate to where I am right now.

It's not that I don't trust him. I have been with him for almost 20 years. It's just that I have been doing the wrong thing and researching this and, I don't think any of you would disagree, colon cancer is one of the most misdiagnosed conditions. I guess it's called the silent killer.

I am suffering here. My mind may be sinking me as it has in the past. But this time I cannot look past the very real physical issues that are shutting me down. Sorry if that sounds dramatic but that is pretty accurate to where I am right now.
    If there was actually something wrong.....why are you on an anxiety forum ?

I know what you all are saying. It's "that guy" again. Be patient with me. I am really suffering here and this time it is a genuine physical ailment that, combined with my health anxiety, is making me non functional. I have to be honest that I can no longer help my actor clients anymore and I need to take time away to deal with my issues.

I hope this is all not too much information. I have been having persistent gut issues for almost two months. My BM's have been a mess if you know what I mean. There is this constant feeling of needing to have one every time right after I eat. My gut has been making all kinds of noises constantly and I have that constant dull ache and pressure in my abdomen.

This is scarring me to high heaven. I have been to my GP and he did a physical examination and said he did not think I needed a test at this time. But the symptoms don't stop and now I have stopped eating because I am afraid of what happens right after I eat. I am just an utter mess. I have spent too much time researching this. And all I hear is "change in bowel habits" is a big precursor to colon cancer. I am under 50 but not by a lot, so I am in the age range. Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues? Is that possible? Anyone know more about this kind of cancer and if my situation and symptoms fit into the "concerned" area?

The input from everyone here can be so meaningful when one feels like their life is shutting down. Thank you.
    My friends mom has colon cancer. She knew she was sick when she suddenly could not control her bowels and had to be close to a bathroom for weeks. Then in August she was literally ******* her brains out to the point where she passed out. Believe me, if there was something wrong with you, you would have been sent for further testing.

utrocket09 - You REALLY, REALLY should stop explaining in detail what kind of symptoms somebody who actually had cancer, had. That is very unwelcome here, among people who are sick with health anxiety. Plus, if a person gets serious intestinal infection, the symptoms are the same as you mention. So , there...
    p
    Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    My friends mom has colon cancer. She knew she was sick when she suddenly could not control her bowels and had to be close to a bathroom for weeks. Then in August she was literally ******* her brains out to the point where she passed out. Believe me, if there was something wrong with you, you would have been sent for further testing.

This is confirmation bias, Dusty. We hear these stories precisely because they are outliers, and thus we assume they're the norm.

I think what Utrocket's trying to say is that if you're genuinely convinced there's a problem, you might be better off on a forum for those with bowel complaints. For the most part, we're not experts here and we can't give any sort of useful information.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information