Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think what Utrocket's trying to say is that if you're genuinely convinced there's a problem, you might be better off on a forum for those with bowel complaints. For the most part, we're not experts here and we can't give any sort of useful information.
    I'm here because in addition to the very real physical symptoms I described, I am equally struggling (and have been for awhile) with health anxiety. Perfect storm.

Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?
    I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dustybaer View Post
    I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.
    I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.
    This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!
    Its because like many members here whom go and on, there is most likely nothing wrong with dustybear.

“Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues?”

In my experience, the answer to this is most definitely YES!

Thank you for kind words. Some of the posts here can be hurtful and dismissive. Health anxiety is a real condition. Everyone here going through it knows the hell it can become. To be told that we are being "disrespectful" to people with real diseases is just simply not true. No one here is trying to diminish the suffering others are going through. We are just trying to reach out to a community for empathy and be heard without judgement.

My gut issues continue and I am very scared. It can really make a difference to talk amongst others who find themselves in a similar place. We all just want to feel better.

Hey. I have such dodgy bowels and always have to be honest, I think it is pretty common with anxiety. Focusing on it will definitely make it feel worse too. It's the nature of the beast with health anxiety. You monitor all the grumbles and sounds of your tummy and how often you're using the toilet etc, it's a vicious cycle. I do it with everything I worry about, making it seem so much more real. Tummy /gut problems are super common with anxious people so don't worry, fellow weird stomach person right here 💁🏼*♀️ I even missed loads of my uni lectures because my stomach was making actual whale mating sounds and I was so mortified. You're fine X

And also yes, this is a health anxiety forum? I've noticed so so much digging at people who are clearly freaking out and need support. It's not disrespectul we just get into panic, that's the whole point of us being here I thought.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information