Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

  1. #11

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think what Utrocket's trying to say is that if you're genuinely convinced there's a problem, you might be better off on a forum for those with bowel complaints. For the most part, we're not experts here and we can't give any sort of useful information.
    I'm here because in addition to the very real physical symptoms I described, I am equally struggling (and have been for awhile) with health anxiety. Perfect storm.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    3,356

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?
    __________________
    ************************************************** ********
    Sometimes, it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. - Terry Pratchett

  3. #13

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Not to be cruel here, but are you aware that one of the hallmarks of health anxiety is irrationality?
    I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    481

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Quote Originally Posted by dustybaer View Post
    I understand that. But I don't think in the case of colon cancer I am being irrational. From the symptoms I posted, wouldn't they give you pause? There has to be others on here that know colon cancer sufferers and what they are going through. Put all that together with the pre-existing health anxiety cocktail and it's a recipe for hell.
    I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    79

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    I know someone with colon cancer, and you are being disrespectful to those with the illness. If there was concern you would have been sent for further testing.
    This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    481

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    This sub-forum on the site is called Health Anxiety. I do not understand why are you so dismissive towards Dustybear? Why are we all here, after all? Why is there Health Anxiety sub-forum? Why are some people allowed to go with hundreds and hundreds of posts in a row, getting replies from left and right, and some other people get no responses at all, or get yelled at?!
    Its because like many members here whom go and on, there is most likely nothing wrong with dustybear.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    “Can I ask, could the mere fact that I am focused on my gut 24/7 be causing some of these real physical issues?”

    In my experience, the answer to this is most definitely YES!

  8. #18

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Thank you for kind words. Some of the posts here can be hurtful and dismissive. Health anxiety is a real condition. Everyone here going through it knows the hell it can become. To be told that we are being "disrespectful" to people with real diseases is just simply not true. No one here is trying to diminish the suffering others are going through. We are just trying to reach out to a community for empathy and be heard without judgement.

    My gut issues continue and I am very scared. It can really make a difference to talk amongst others who find themselves in a similar place. We all just want to feel better.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    888

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    Hey. I have such dodgy bowels and always have to be honest, I think it is pretty common with anxiety. Focusing on it will definitely make it feel worse too. It's the nature of the beast with health anxiety. You monitor all the grumbles and sounds of your tummy and how often you're using the toilet etc, it's a vicious cycle. I do it with everything I worry about, making it seem so much more real. Tummy /gut problems are super common with anxious people so don't worry, fellow weird stomach person right here 💁🏼*♀️ I even missed loads of my uni lectures because my stomach was making actual whale mating sounds and I was so mortified. You're fine X

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    888

    Re: Back in my dark hole with constant gut issues, please just hear me out

    And also yes, this is a health anxiety forum? I've noticed so so much digging at people who are clearly freaking out and need support. It's not disrespectul we just get into panic, that's the whole point of us being here I thought.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 10 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-08-16, 12:20
  2. would love to hear from others suffering back probs
    By trish1955 in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-14, 23:52
  3. been in a dark hole for six years
    By natasha75 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-07-11, 21:54
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-03-10, 23:11
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-09-09, 15:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •