Thread: Hopeless

Hopeless

I’ve been crying for the last few days on and off I thought I was ok but I feel my life has changed my a hand I did not force.
    My eating has had to change, I’ve had to quit alcohol and cigarettes and still my feeling and fears remain.
    The only shift if my day time panics feel slightly reduced, but at night is when I really struggle.
    So upset I just don’t know if I’ll ever recover. I don’t know if it is a physical Illness I’m scared of the doctor I’m scared of myself I’m scared of my body I’m constantly having heart burn and waking up with palpatations all the time is just the end of it for me.
    It’s so depressing I cry in an instant I’m exhausted I don’t want to keep feeling like this I feel hopeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hopeless

I know it's tough, but you need to re-frame. Palpitations and heartburn aren't terribly pleasant, but the vast, vast majority of the time, they're insignificant.

If you work on thinking of them as a nuisance rather than a tragedy, things might start to get easier.

Thank you blueiris I hope I can x

Crossing fingers for you - I've been there and done that, and I know how overwhelming it can be.

Did you suffer night time palpatations too x

Yes; sometimes I still do. They annoy me rather than terrifying me, though.

It’s frustrating because I’ve actually suffered with them for a long time but only this year I’ve become fixated on them

Hey Missy

Yep I've been there but it can be overcome.

If your up for it, read the stickies on how to stop panic attacks.

If it's all too overwhelming rite now, try relaxing your body completely when the palpitations come and try and slow your breathing down. If you can manage that then will on the symptoms to do their very WORST.

Yous need practise but it works over time.

You'll be ok

Hi

im so sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I get palpitations, especially in the evening. I had an ecg, stress ecg and echo, they all came back normal, with good throughput.

so, they can be completely harmless, and usually are..

Inanna xx

Were you coping reasonably before this change entered your life and caused a massive upheaval or did it merely tip things further askew? Are you managing any better than you were when you made the thread? Have the palpitations and heartburn worsened or improved? Do you have any other physical symptoms? I hope things are brighter for you.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Thread Information