Thread: Waiting for MRI results and stressing

Unhappy Waiting for MRI results and stressing

So about a week ago I came on here complaining about headaches, I then made a doctor appt to talk about them, she told me she thinks they are stress related (and she was probably right because they went away after my midterms ended) but she wanted me to get an MRI to be certain which terrified me. I got one done the next day luckily and the doctors said they will send my report to my doctor within 24 hours. 24 hours later I ask my doctor and she told me she hasn't received anything, it has now been almost a week (6 days) and I haven't heard anything.

Im scared they found something and they are keeping my mri longer for that reason, or they forgot to send it. I even looked at the copy they gave me a billion times and tried to analyze it myself. The longer I wait the more freaked out I am, I basically spent the weekend crying in my bed. Should I call the MRI place and ask why they haven't sent it yet? I was really hoping to get it before Friday and the way they put it I should've gotten it a while ago? I don't wanna be that annoying crazy patient who calls too many times, even the lady who gave me the MRI basically told my to stop stressing after my MRI was finished (in a nice way) I don't know what to do.

Re: Waiting for MRI results and stressing

If there was anything wrong they'd have contacted you by now I had a friend who had an MRI, something flagged up and they literally called him a couple of hours after he'd left the hospital.

I know it's easier said than done but please try and not stress out too much. If I was in your position I'd be happy, thinking "no news is good news"

Re: Waiting for MRI results and stressing

Easier said then done I know buttttt I gotta say it anyways.... Stop stressing 😜... Seriously, if there was anything concerning with your results you would have heard from someone by now...
    Headaches suck but they are rarely caused by something sinister. My baby brother has 2 very rare brain tumors. They are inoperable and have been present since he was 5 years old. He is 34 now and he rarely suffers from headaches, I on the other hand have none and I suffer from a couple different types of headaches.

Thread Information