Hi everyone,

I have had constant diarrhoea for 4 months and the last few weeks rectal pressure like I need a poo all the time it’s a weird sensation.

I went to doctor again yesterday who did a digital rectal exam and said it felt normal and my rectum felt empty, she pressed my tummy and there was tenderness on the left side, she has now referred me for a colonoscopy she’s advised it will be a 2 month wait and she can’t do the 2 week pathway because of my age (43) my health anxiety is severe and ever since she’s told me about the colonoscopy I he t been able to eat, I feel sick and crying all the time reading stories about cancer symptoms in the under 50’s... I am beside myself with worry and can’t control it, I am frightened of the procedure, frightened to have the sedative in case I have breathing problems and frightened of what the might find I have such a fear of cancer... I have taken 2 Valium today and not been able to go to work I just physically can’t think straight :( i am going to ring the doctor tomorrow to see if there is anyway at all I can be referred earlier as I honestly don’t think I can wait 2 months, anyone’s thoughts or experiences with colonoscopy, Howe cancer fears would be hugely appreciated, I am really on the edge at the moment xx