Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy and bowel cancer fears

Re: Colonoscopy and bowel cancer fears

Hi scass, you can’t do the test with Diarrhea apparently :/ it’s still not arrived I’m just going to have to take another Valium and go to sleep, if I’m asleep I’m not worrying xx

Thing is on Sunday before the doctors I was perfectly fine I felt happy and well still had the runs but I wasn’t overly bothered about it but ever since I’ve been told I have to have a colonoscopy the fear factor has reached 100! I’m trying so hard to rationalise but I’m just can’t xx

So her attempt to reassure you backfired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Anxious View Post
    Hi scass, you can’t do the test with Diarrhea apparently :/ it’s still not arrived I’m just going to have to take another Valium and go to sleep, if I’m asleep I’m not worrying xx
    Why cant you? I didn’t know that...

Yes massively Jo jo :( I have been taking non stop Valium and still not eating it’s ridiculous I don’t think there is anything in there to poop out even if the test does come... you have to take a piece from the top middle and bottom of stool and mix with the fluid apparently so it can’t be Diarrhea I have never ever in my life felt so low and desperate

Hi mrs anxiety, I totally feel your pain, I had a colonoscopy last month and I was so so so anxious, I was worried about the prep, the sedative, what they would find... the whole thing. I could barely function. You know what, you will be fine. Honestly... you’re stronger than you know, if they do find anything, and that’s a huge if, it’s likely a polyp that they will be able to remove before it becomes harmful. I know none of this will really help as I was exactly the same. Please just try to remember that the odds are massively in your favour, The waiting period is awful if they can push it to easier that would be great but if not just please feel free to message me anytime xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    Hi mrs anxiety, I totally feel your pain, I had a colonoscopy last month and I was so so so anxious, I was worried about the prep, the sedative, what they would find... the whole thing. I could barely function. You know what, you will be fine. Honestly... you’re stronger than you know, if they do find anything, and that’s a huge if, it’s likely a polyp that they will be able to remove before it becomes harmful. I know none of this will really help as I was exactly the same. Please just try to remember that the odds are massively in your favour, The waiting period is awful if they can push it to easier that would be great but if not just please feel free to message me anytime xx
    Thank you lady123 for your reply, you sound like you felt exactly as I do, I have messaged you I hope that’s ok xxx

Woke up at 5:30 this morning with a feeling of dread and nausea did the poo test from amazon negative result! Alleviated my fears just a little bit but I’ll take it xx

There you go!
    It’s a little silver lining. Take it and keep remembering it ok? Now you need to start looking after yourself to bring yourself out of your shock and panic x

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    There you go!
    It’s a little silver lining. Take it and keep remembering it ok? Now you need to start looking after yourself to bring yourself out of your shock and panic x
    Thank you so much Scass you are an absoloute gem.... any tips on how to get through the next few weeks? I have been referred to an endoscopy centre which does things a bit quicker so been told appt 3-4 weeks... need to calm down and eat and function and go back to work! Xxxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information