Thread: Relapse + Finger tingling

Relapse + Finger tingling

Hello everyone
    Well, it was a good 5 year run med free and joyful. My anxiety over diseases has returned, woohoo !

I went to two doctors to check my for neurological things because there was a strange tingling in one of my finger (index, left hand), coming on and off. And near my thumb and ring finger. Of course I had a panic attack like no other, completely locked down and only today started recuperating.

Back to escitalopram tomorrow + diazepam for relaxation when needed. Real happy about this... Of course, I need reassurance because none of us believes in doctors right?

Anyone ever had a thing with their fingers that came and went, like a tingling like sensation near or around the fingertip?
    It plays out like this : It comes after some time, stays...As in, it tingles every 4-6 seconds, then poof. It goes again from anywhere between 5 minutes or an hour.
    This process occurs twice or thrice a day.

Funny thing is, I had this on my right hand finger 3 months ago, it stayed for 2 weeks, and then off it went never to return. I did stress, but nowhere near as much as I do with this one...

If I tap the finger near or around the fingertip I feel the nerve tingle, but again. Not always. I am -trying- to convince myself of the following :

- Doctors know (2 of them, if not 3, a friend over the phone)
    - If it was a serious neurological disease it wouldn't come and go briefly throughout the day.
    - When it started today I rolled my wrist a couple of times, and it stopped (same trick sort of worked again later on, albeit slower)

So I am -trying- to convince myself it could be a number of things:

- Me being 40
    - Winter
    - Having metal plates in that arm
    - Being a software developer and spending over 10 hours/day on my seat

This, or that... Any support welcome. Thank you

Re: Relapse + Finger tingling

First day of escitalopram and my other hands thumb tingling all day. Along with symptoms of nausea etc. Naturally trying to put it all down to stress.

Anyone had these particular symptoms before?

Again thanks for the help.

Thread Information