Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't handle da HA

Can't handle da HA

Howdy folks

I noticed at least 50% of posts on this here forum is about health anxiety. Don't get me wrong, I empathize with those guys same as any folk with anxiety because I know how awful it is.
    I just feel frustrated coz I don't know what to reply only Don't think so. I notice names of conditions what most docs most likely never heard of what can only of come from that Google shit. So my advice is STOP DA HOT DAMN GOOGLE it ain't everything but it's a start

Re: Can't handle da HA

Hi Charlie
    I don’t have HA either and agree with ya,Dr Google ain’t anyone’s friend,and a lot of the 50%will not seek help.

I don't call it Google. I call it Go Ogle. Because 99.9% of it is just mindlessly staring at BS. Original thought is fading. In my mind Google is an evil entity in legion with deep state governments. Why does every single one of our searches/emails/texts/phone calls need to be stored?

N.

50% more like 95%.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    50% more like 95%.
    Yes. Every anxiety site I've ever been on or seen, unless it's something specific like PTSD only, has been overrun with HA sufferers.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes. Every anxiety site I've ever been on or seen, unless it's something specific like PTSD only, has been overrun with HA sufferers.
    I wonder whether it's about there being more of them or that they are less likely to seek peer groups in real life due to the labels of the old hypochondriac stereotype?

I think, as you have talked about before, it's likely many of them are OCDers in reality. Therefore what might help Charlie is to forget about the HA and look towards what helps with the real condition? I know when I joined HA was one I was less familiar with so I ended up doing a load of reading about it, and looking at the different conditions in the medical manuals, and I believe many don't see the OCD connection rather than the Somatoform one which I think is less likely (at least from my observations here anyway).

Charlie, you are one of many who have asked about this since I've been here. Admin, and some of the older members, have said it didn't used to be like this and HA has taken over in more recent times.

Hi Terry

I don't actually got HA but I can see the OCD connection because of obsessive thoughts. I never really come across it until I joined this here forum. I still don't know how I can help these guys. Docs must really hate the poor souls.

I think most people with "classic" types of OCD, like my friend who was taping the drawers shut in our kitchen so no one could get to the knives, has a classic type of OCD, harm OCD. But after awhile, even she could recognize how ridiculous it was to imagine that a knife could somehow magically get out of a drawer and hurt someone. The problem with HA OCD is many of these people, because of the psychosomatic nature of anxiety, end up causing their own physical problems. Like the people who are scared of twitching fixate on body parts so much that they twitch. Then they seriously believe they have a medical condition.

I feel as though my own HA is just a manifestation of OCD, for what it's worth. The pattern of intrusive thoughts followed by needing to assuage them with self-checking is just too obvious.

I guess this subject must of been discussed millions of times here sorry to revive it again.

Maybe I just answered my own question. Docs aren't too friendly towards HA sufferers so they is forced to come online.

My own experience of anxiety taught me that trying to beat it with logic don't work, you got to look for other ways

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information