Thread: Pain Behind Ear

Pain Behind Ear

Hi, for over a year now I've been experiencing pain behind my ear its actually in my head , a year ago the pain was intense I visited my Dr she said the inside of my ear looked very inflammed and prescribed antibiotics these didn't work so back I went again different Dr said my ear drum looked a bit closed & pescribed a steroid nasal spray this didn't get rid of the pain behind my ear .. I was also having a troublesome wisdom tooth the Dr said maybe this was the cause I had the tooth extracted as it was painful but I'm still getting the occasional apin behind my ear its not as intense as it used to be its bearable in the sense that I don't need a pain killer . I have seen yet another Dr who described the inside of my ear as looking pink she has done a referral to ENT . I'm going to hold my hands up & say I used to use cotton buds which I don't buy any more , I'm just wondering if they have been the cause of my problems . Has anyone had pain behind the ear?? I am worried sometimes the inside of my ear feels itchy but no way am I scratching it ..

Re: Pain Behind Ear

I'm certain most of us have had ear pain at some point or another. I'm not sure what could be causing yours but the ENT is deff the person to see for it. You have had the pain for a long time and so it isn't likely to be anything sinister so try not to worry 😉

Thankyou for replying Careful , it’s very odd even the Dr doesn’t have any idea . The pain behind my ear is no where near what it used to be but there clearly is something not quite right . Tbh I am worried

I have been suffering with left ear pain both inside and behind for years. I can hear my heart beat in it at time, I get ringing all the time, crackle noises and at times my hearing goes in and out when there is a loud noise and it's painful. They have not been able to figure out what's going on as my ear looks healthy. My primary told me once he thought my ear drum was ruptured because of its shape.
    Sometimes we have pain and there never ends up being an explanation for it. Our bodies are complicated and unfortunately drs don't know it all.

Do you ever find yourself clenching your jaw? Do you sometimes grind your teeth are night? Does your jaw click sometimes? TMJ was brought up a couple times during my journey.

It could be lots of things or nothing. The ENT I'm sure will do his/her best to figure it out for you but try not to worry. Worrying about it will change nothing and more often then not ends up being needless.

Thankyou for your reply , I was at the Dr’s today & while I was there I asked her to have a look in my ear as I’m not getting the pain behind it as often any more she said it looks pink 🤔🤔 Im not quite sure what this means ,

Thread Information