Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promazine Log

Promazine Log

I found it quite difficult to find information on how these meds affect people. This is day 1 and I took my first tablet moments ago.

I'm somewhat nervous with this new medication inside me as I'm not sure how it's going to affect me short term or long term but I'm going to keep a little log.

The one starting side effect that is scaring the crap out of me is low blood pressure. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Re: Promazine Log

Took my second. Was woken up by my partner holding my meds and a glass of water.

The first one KO'ed me. It made me feel very slow and everything I was doing was slowed down. I fell asleep. I'll probably be asleep again in a moment. Feels like I've had 0.

The second one also knocked me out. Once again awoke to my partner with meds in hand and a glass of water. They're potent that's for sure. No ill feelings today, but I haven't eaten anything apart from a couple of cookies. No appetite whatsoever. I've got some nasty depression going on but riding that out. The sleep is a blessing in that sense.

A lot of confusion and forgetfulness today and periods of staring into space. A few times I was being spoken to by my son and partner and I zoned out and missed everything they said. Could be tirdness related but just noting this.

Just had my 3rd dose of the day. Hopefully I don't fall alseep again. I feel like I've had none today. My last dose will be at around 11pm where I have to take 2 of the tablets. I'll have a good nights sleep for sure. I stupidly Googled "promazine overdose". I shouldn't have because I'm not feeling suicidal but I made my partner aware I made the search out of curiosity. She's logged it in the diary for the psychiatrist. She and my family have made me promise to work through this and do as the doctors advise. I recognize I'm in a dangerous place so I have to work with them and be honest if I want anything to change.

Sorry for the constant updates but there's no diary or journals on Google and I hope this will be of some use to anybody else searching google for promazine diary, or promazine journal.

Day one over and done with. I managed to stay awake for a few hours sometime between 6pm and 11pm. I had my double dose of promazine before bed (as required) and was out for the count.

I was woken up at 9 to take my tablets and I fell back asleep until now. Got to have my others at 2pm so I'm trying to remain awake until then but these meds just make me so sleepy.

So far the only real side effect is drowsiness.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    So far the only real side effect is drowsiness.
    This does diminish over time, sometimes fairly quickly so hang in there. Sleep, and lots of it is probably is probably not a bad thing atm.

I'm still on a regular medication routine. Tiredness is is still very bad. I'm drowsy a lot. I've still got nasty depression and horrible thoughts but I seem to be sleeping them off because of how drowsy the meds make me. Also get bad dizziness from them where I feel like I'm walking lop sided. I spend long times in a staring daze too and my son and partner can tell when I've taken them because I'm hardly responsive.

How quickly does this go away lol? Almost a week now and from what I've read from others online the drowsiness is an ongoing side effect.

How quickly does this go away lol? Almost a week now and from what I've read from others online the drowsiness is an ongoing side effect.
    It can be ongoing, however, the intensity usually does lessen within a few weeks. When do you next see the psychiatrist, or whoever prescribed the promazine?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It can be ongoing, however, the intensity usually does lessen within a few weeks. When do you next see the psychiatrist, or whoever prescribed the promazine?
    I believe they're coming out Thursday. I know it's this week some time.

I believe they're coming out Thursday. I know it's this week some time.
    Cool. Hopefully they be able to address the issues you're having with the med

I'm feeling like I did the other day. I am wide awake with negative thoughts. Tablets are hidden and I'm not interested in looking.

I just feel like packing some clothes and sleeping rough for a bit. Feels like a possible escape to spend some time in my thoughts. I thought about vandalizing something to get arrested so I can get a free spot in a police cell. Crime excites me right now for some reason. Rebel against the world and the shit the world expects from me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information