Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

I'm sorry life isn't more positive for you Pulisa.
    I often remind myself when I'm moaning about trivial stuff how difficult things are for others.
    Yes, you can only take it one day at a time.
    Just a thought, can you get Netflix? No adverts there. xx

Poor K, my heart goes out to her. It's just intolerable with this extra layer of germ anxiety that she will think it is entirely reasonable to assume the lurgy is everywhere... It really isn't!

I've got a friend I've been chatting to and I've been really struck by how she is. She has absolutely no anxiety issues at all (not like we do) but she already is famous at work apparently for washing her hands because she notices that her colleagues don't. Anyway, she said she went back to her office for a day this week and was essentially by herself there, except a few workmen and one or two others (it's a big place, but she said something about everyone having to use the same ladies toilets). She said she 'wasn't excessive' but ended up washing her hands several times, and was mindful about how she was touching things immediately after washing her hands that might have still been dirty, etc, all that conundrum. I tried to say that the chances that the things she was touching were contaminated was very slim, but I could tell she wasn't really buying it. It was logical to her (in the same way our anxieties are logical to us). And she's very sensible, albeit being 'a bit OCD' about washing her hands at work. I found it quite shocking really, this mindset, and not something she will easily shake off I think. How the hell will more vulnerable people come out of this? If this virus involved vomit I'd be TERRIBLE, as that's my anxiety point.

As ever wishing for peace of mind for you and your family. xxxx

I’m sorry Pulisa.
    I wish I could suggest something that helps.
    Does she play computer games at all? Me & my daughter are loving Sims at the moment - you can create your own family & lifestyle and it just potters along nicely.
    We’re watching Britain’s got talent because it’s happy tv.
    She’s playing slot of minecraft on the iPad too.
    Xx

She was very much into The Sims when she was younger, Scass but doesn't play games at all now. I have bought a few jigsaws and she dabbles with colouring books but nothing much distracts her now. I have bought an outdoor table tennis table which has just arrived so this may be good when the weather is settled and warm.

We don't have Netflix, Carnation but to be honest it's impossible to watch TV at the moment. We did try to watch "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" last week but gave up.

Violet, she had bad OCD contamination issues before covid so this current situation is just unbearable. It's make or break though and her GP is prescribing benzos because she needs them to function.

I've got used to living like this because I've had to. Others have it far worse and actually lose their loved one so I'm succeeding in keeping him safe. It's certainly my biggest challenge so far in life. I would never have predicted this a year ago.

Thanks again xxx

It’s a good job you couldn’t predict it a year ago really, you’d never believe it anyway.

I wish I could suggest something.

A tennis table sounds like a great idea!

X

I completely understand Pulisa, I really do. x
    You are doing an amazing job. No, job is the wrong word. But you know what I mean, just difficult to put in to perspective. I'm sure there are days you want to scream or shut your eyes in the hope that the situation will be different when you reopen them.
    You can't predict the future, you didn't predict the current situation, but you can just deal with whatever comes up and hope for some improvement. xx
    Last edited by Carnation; 26-05-20 at 00:25.

Very true, Carnation. Thanks to both you and Scass xx

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Dominic Cummings Roadshow today...First time I've concentrated on any TV for ages! I know it's not funny and the situation is very serious but.....it was great viewing and I needed a bit of a laugh! xx

You enjoy! I know you like a bit of scandal x

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread Information