Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

Thanks, Buster. Sending you warm wishes too..Things will get better for us both.

Any news about your son Pulisa or is it too early to say? x

He's going to be in hospital for 2 weeks provisionally, Carnation. He'll be having his echocardiogram on Thursday so his heart function in relation to the ven can be assessed by the psychiatrist in charge of his treatment. The last few days have been spent picking up the pieces from Tuesday-I've got a lot of things to sort out for when he comes out and my daughter needs help psychologically but at some point things will get better and more predictable. He'll be able to resume his therapy once his mental health has stabilised. One step at a time though. He looks terrible at the moment and feels it but that's hardly surprising. Thanks for asking- I appreciate it xx

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope he stays in for a reasonable duration for a in depth observation and breather for you and your daughter.
    I can't even begin to understand what you are going through, but you are in my thoughts xx

I doubt whether he'll be in any longer-they tend to kick them out quickly into the community. It's really hard to get admitted thanks to "good gatekeeping" and there's a rapid turnover of patients..Quite different from the celebrity spa break rehab stints.

I'm sort of coping and try not to think about what is going to happen when he comes out because I don't want a repeat of last time xx

Hi Pulisa xx Just wanted to drop by and say I'm thinking of you and your son still. I really hope their some positive news soon, I really admire you. As someone who's been in out and out if a similar system, I've meet alot of people who's parents have total given up on them and pushed them to the side without a second thought. Sending lots of positive thoughts xx

That's so kind of you, Sarah. I'm not giving up on him but it's hard to accept how he is now. I hope it's not his new normal but if it is I'll accept it and do my best to help him. Thankfully the staff on this ward are much better than the last lot so I feel more reassured that he is being looked after and listened to.

I hope you are ok and managing to keep your head above the water...I admire you too because you have a lot to contend with but you carry on regardless and have done so well xx

That's all you can do Pulisa x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My son has been sectioned and taken to hospital. At least he is safe for now and maybe someone will be able to help him.
    hugs pulisa
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Thank you, Whisper x

Just a quick update..He's been in for 2 weeks now and no mention of discharge. I think this ward is far superior to the previous one so am hoping he is able to stay in for longer whilst a support package is worked out for being in the community. Not sure what will happen if coronavirus turns up in the hospital though-he's certainly not worried about it and doesn't care if he gets it but then he is severely depressed. The heart scan had to be cancelled last week and his meds need reviewing anyway so it's all unsettling for my daughter and I as we are expecting him to be discharged at very short notice like last time...but hopefully things will be managed better and we will be able to plan for a safe discharge.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information