Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

Hugs xx

Pulisa, if the ven was going to have any affect, it would have kicked in by now. And I understand to try something else there has to be a period of weening off and restarting another drug. Therapy and Tapping could help during that period.
    A hole in the heart is far more common than people realise, I have one and only found out about it 15 years ago. So does the singer Jesse J. Don't let him think he is abnormal in anyway, quote a few people to him that have it that lead full lives, otherwise it will be another excuse to give up.
    I think it's a really good idea to give your daughter some things to look forward to, and yourself.
    It must feel like a dark cloud hanging over the household and anything you can think of to relieve that a bit, will help a little.
    Don't forget about yourself Pulisa. xx

Just another point Pulisa, has asprin been recommended to thin the blood as a safety precaution?

He has no oesophagus, a missing kidney and various skeletal issues so the VSDs have never really troubled him fortunately. No suggestion about aspirin-I think he is having the echo just to check re hypertrophy of a ventricle which is normal with a VSD but may be made worse by the ven? It's a routine referral but he'll have it in 2-3 weeks supposedly. I'm more worried about getting him off ven if I need to..I've done all that with my daughter and it's not straightforward. I'd rather he came off meds altogether and stuck with the therapy but he's dealing with a lot in his life so it is probably not advisable

If the ven is doing no harm, maybe keep him on it a little longer. Until he's more settled into the therapy.
    It can't be easy for you or your family.
    I really hope there is a breakthrough somehow. xx

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts ����

Thank you Scass, Carnation and Louise. We'll get through this because there is always a way xx

You do have an awful lot to deal with Pulisa, I have nothing but admiration for you. Isn't that the maximum dose for venlafaxine? Its the same dose I'm on but combined with mirtazapine it does keep any depression at bay for me. Wishing you all the best

I think he can go up to 375mg? He's also on risperidone. His depression has been a reactive one so I'm unsure whether any ADs will help him much. The ASD just makes it harder to break through his mindset. Thanks for your good wishes, fishman.

My son has been sectioned and taken to hospital. At least he is safe for now and maybe someone will be able to help him.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information