Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

Pulisa, we all have to say things to get things done in times of desperation. That's how you have to look at it and the bigger picture.
    And more often than not you have to give the professionals some home truths whether they like it or not.
    It's not a popularity contest, it's survival! xx

I know this a hard time, I was taken in as a inpatient myself a few months ago during the summer when I had a rather bad episode psychosis. I can't even image how my own Mam felt during that time- sorry for the mini story time about myself there lol . Just know so many of us here are ready to support you x Sending both you and your son the most love and support xxxx

Absolutely! It's certainly time to be assertive and firm. I was on the same ward 20 years ago..It hasn't changed! xx

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    I know this a hard time, I was taken in as a inpatient myself a few months ago during the summer when I had a rather bad episode psychosis. I can't even image how my own Mam felt during that time- sorry for the mini story time about myself there lol . Just know so many of us here are ready to support you x Sending both you and your son the most love and support xxxx
    Thank you, Sarah. I really appreciate your kindness and good wishes. You know what it's like...but you have come out the other side! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thank you, Sarah. I really appreciate your kindness and good wishes. You know what it's like...but you have come out the other side! xxx
    I've been in and out a few times over the years! It's a hard road- If I'm being honest I'm still recovering from it but I'm truly hoping your son gets the help he needs and deserve now! . I also hope you get some help also- which I know may not be easy during this time xx

I'm collateral damage in all this but that's ok because I'm used to it. I've done my bit by getting him heard. It's his first admission so a new "experience"-hopefully one which will be the beginning of the fight back xx

You know better than most how you have to kick some of these services to get any priority, pulisa. You've beaten them before and will again.

Now he is in will it help your health a bit (I know like any parent you will be worrying all day about him) as you are less on alert all day?

Giving you hugs.

Thank you. Pkstracy xx

Feeling terrible today but that's the result of things catching up with me and trying to support my traumatised daughter. She's sleeping now so I'm going out for a walk shortly to try to clear my head.

It's that feeling after the crescendo that leaves an aftermath in your life.
    You will be full of ramped up emotions which are exhausting. And at this point you will not know of the outcome of the future.
    This is a very hard time for you and these times probably never seem to stop coming.

I remember one time too vividly that sticks out in my mind.
    I was out with my mum shopping and she collapsed in M & S and with the help of some very kind staff, managed to get her home as she refused to go to hospital. When we arrived back home I found my dad injured badly from a fall while we were out, so we all ended up in A & E. It wasn't long after that I had my car crash. You end up thinking, "geez (polite version), what's going on in my life? "

What I'm trying to say is, life is not being personal with you Pulisa, although it may seem like it.
    It's a situation of life, challenging and disruption that can change!
    You always make the right decisions, even if it hurts at the time. You do what you think is right and yes, it's a heavy cross to bear, so give yourself a break and tell yourself how brilliant you are! And never think you don't deserve words like that, you cope incredibly well under very difficult circumstances. xx
    Last edited by Carnation; 29-11-19 at 09:54.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information