Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

Give your girl a hug from me and mine.Xxx

Sending love to you and your girl (and the boys). I hope the sun shines on you all soon xx

Thank you. We are all still standing and that's all we can do. Everything is very uncertain and every phone call brings a sense of panic but it's early days and a long road ahead. I am very worried about my daughter because she is terribly affected by this quite understandably because she has been unintentionally in the front line and can't deal with the aftermath. At least my son doesn't know xx

That's a difficult one Pulisa, because she probably doesn't forget easily. Time is the healer here and that's a long drag. Distraction unfortunately is only momentarily and explaining is probably impossible.
    If only you could use a magic wand.
    I really feel for you with what you are going through Pulisa. x

Perhaps she could do with some counselling or a doctor might be able to offer something more useful.

Christmas events could be a distraction, but difficult to get in to the spirit considering the current situation. x
    Last edited by Carnation; 01-12-19 at 09:00.

She's always hated Christmas..Just like her Mother!!

She had a better day yesterday though which was a relief. I know she will be terrified when he is discharged but will just have to reassure her as much as I can. She finds it very hard to talk to therapists, Scass for fear of being "judged" but I will ask her GP about using short term diazepam. I think I need some too!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Christmas events could be a district, but difficult to get in to the spirit considering the current situation. x
    Oh dear, well of course Christmas is every anxiety sufferer's complete nightmare!!!!! But I do remember wonderful advice a few years ago when I was not well on NMP by someone who wrote on the 25th something like 'don't listen to the symptoms' and I do remember that being helpful.

Pulisa - yes, sounds good to ask for low dosages of something or other, anything to buy a bit of rest I would say. Bless K, hoping to lighten the mood (though probably failing) I remember you saying the panic she felt about having a new carpet in her bedroom! If that's what you're dealing with no one can possible really help you practically, though of course we are sending all good wishes on here. xxxx

Thank you, Violet xxx Yes her anxieties are on a different level so you can imagine the trauma she has suffered and will continue to suffer until things return to "normal". I will speak to her GP tomorrow because I won't let her mental health deteriorate any more than it has already.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    She's always hated Christmas..Just like her Mother!!

She had a better day yesterday though which was a relief. I know she will be terrified when he is discharged but will just have to reassure her as much as I can. She finds it very hard to talk to therapists, Scass for fear of being "judged" but I will ask her GP about using short term diazepam. I think I need some too!! xx
    I’m glad yesterday was better. One step at a time.
    Sorry that she fears being judged, my heart goes out to her xx

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information