Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

Whatever works best for you, pulisa. The last thing you need is a bunch of numpties adding stress to it all through their incompetence. I take it they just look at it as another statistic and want to move in to the next then?

Are you getting support from your GP through this? They are notorious for stepping back once referred for anything and should be working harder as the primary care owner.

Yes, some well directed anger can put you in a very assertive mood.

The only thing that the GP is doing is issuing the script for meds which the Consultant at the hospital has prescribed. No other involvement at all. There's nothing really that can be done other than get through the hours somehow.

Thanks anyway for your responses. xx

Your situation is beyond a GP's capabilities.
    They can direct you to a Web of information and outside help, but you can do that yourself.
    It's one of those scenarios a GP will find too much of a responsibility to get too involved.
    I think in your own experience you found them to be airheaded anyway Pulisa.
    In my opinion, referring is their best ability.

Sending you more hugs x

Yes I agree with you, Carnation. The easy option is for them to refer. At least I know it's pointless to go there for advice or help because they won't take responsibility. Same old story..

Gruelling day but it's nearly over..xx

Am getting through the hours, trying to shield my daughter from the worst of it. Not sure that the meds are doing anything after 3 weeks on ven 225mg and 2mg risperidone but it's "early days". Well yes, it's easy to say that as an onlooker but it feels like a century when you're under the cosh!

I can't imagine what your Christmas is going to be like Pulisa, but have an idea you'll just get on with stuff with as little fuss as possible. 3 weeks on meds is no time at all, but you know that. It's a matter of getting through each day with hopefully a better picture at the end of it.
    I'm sure the films will help your daughter, but it must be so exhausting for you. x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The only thing that the GP is doing is issuing the script for meds which the Consultant at the hospital has prescribed. No other involvement at all. There's nothing really that can be done other than get through the hours somehow.

Thanks anyway for your responses. xx
    That's one of the things about the NHS which annoys me. The GP is supposed to always be the primary care giver if you are not in say a hospital but they just refer off and sit back. You have to kick them to sort out other services who drag their heals. It just makes us all feel like a little number taking on a big machine.

I hope you all have some peach, quiet and stability this Christmas which is probably what you need more than most things right now x

Thank you, Carnation and Terry.

She's not into films but the soaps will be a godsend! I'd love some peace for Christmas but even in the best circumstances find it difficult. Possibly a slow drip feed of benzos would help or a general anaesthetic for the day.That would be perfect! xxx

There are plenty of soaps at Christmas to keep her mind busy!
    Now we just need to keep you happy. Although I expect you’re only happy when your children are.
    Xx

I haven't been happy for years, Scass but that's as a result of a long term mental health issue. I wish things were different, especially now xx

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information