Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

That's a lovely idea BlueIris

Thank you all so much for your offers of help xx. I'll speak to her about your suggestions and see what she says-it's really kind of you of think of her. She has been reading the cv thread and doesn't feel so alone in having these fears which have really got unmanageable. Distraction is something we've been trying to do but it's hard in the circumstances..Anything practical and absorbing would be a bonus xx

There must be a plan to cover patients who need family contact? I would have thought preserving someone's mental state would be a priority just as they surely won't be stopping visits for those that have serious physical conditions? Not just your son but imagine any dementia patients who are scared and need a friendly face.

They are carrying on as normal (following Gov advice) for the time being. I know an isolation room has been prepared. I suppose things will happen quickly if there is a need to take action. My son has had surgery to pull his stomach up into his chest (born with no oesophagus) and has a hole in the heart and tachycardia. He also only has one kidney which is not 100% functional. He probably would be "at risk" as chest infections are a worry but what can you do? His mental health is the priority here and he can't be discharged by law. At least he'll be on site should he get cv and should he need treatment..but this is only an "if" at this stage.

This all seems as if it's happening to someone else but we'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yep, part of me thinks it's good to have a support thread but that one feels more like an obsessive persons hangout with the constant updates.

Wishing you all the best, pulisa x

Fishman too, I.hope your dad is back home trying to fix the slates on the roof and lugging heavy stuff around as many elderly blokes do telling us to stop fussing
    Sorry Terry I didn't see this, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Pulisa, that has to be an awful situation without the added threat of CV. I do understand to a degree as my Dad's ward has new restricted visiting from 6 to 8pm now. It was 12 until 8, though I'm not sure how that helps as 2 hours is quite sufficient to transmit a virus? All the patients in his ward look to be 70+ and I've been struggling with 'should I visit or not?' Hang in there, you will get through this

Thank you, Fishman. I appreciate that you are going through a really tough time too. I think it would be fine to visit your Dad if you feel well physically. He'll be pleased to see you and hopefully he'll only be in for a short while longer anyway-I suppose it all depends on getting some care visits arranged for when he gets discharged though?

Ironically the psych ward is completely free from covid talk and angst-the chaos is happening on the outside. I doubt whether anyone cares what happens to them

Hi Pulisa, I'm glad the psych ward is remaining calm. Quite ironic isn't it considering how things are in the wider world. My brother and sister have decided not to visit my Dad now, I went this evening but couldn't bring myself to tell him. Despite everything and knowing I could be putting Mrs F at risk, I can't seem to abandon him. Misguided some may say but he can't help being in hospital and he was so pleased to see me :-(

I would do the same, Fishman. I don't think you would be putting Mrs F at risk at this stage anyway. I'm sure the hospital would be more stringent with visitors if they thought anyone was posing a risk to their elderly patients. It's business as usual for the time being and your Dad needs something and someone to look forward to seeing. I'm sure Mrs F would urge you to continue going anyway.

How are things Pulisa? Thinking of you xx

Thanks, Carnation xx

Have just been told that his ward is on lockdown so no visitors allowed. No official updates but it's a unit on a huge hospital site so there were bound to be confirmed cases sooner or later.

Just got to deal with this and keep my daughter going...I can at least speak to my son on the ward phone but am not sure what will happen re his treatment or whether any doctors from outside are even allowed in. xx

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information