Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

It IS a huge responsibility Pulisa, but I have no doubts about your capabilities, especially knowing what you have been through knowing you for the last five years plus. It never seems to stop does it? The challenges, the worries, the pain. And you can't help but wonder why some people go through life plain sailing with not a worry in the world.
    It's a challenge Pulisa. Just look at it like that. You are good at challenges, despite what you say about not being as strong as people think you are.
    Don't bottle up your emotions, let them out. If you are angry, then go and thump a pillow or let out a long Grrrrrrrr and if you need to have a moment of a few tears, just watch 'The Pride of Britain' on this week.
    What I'm trying to say is although your attention is on your son and your daughter as well, take time to deal with your emotions too. If you feel you are alone then pop on this thread to pick up a hug or two or lean on our shoulders.
    Without the support on here, I wouldn't achieve half of what I do. So be kind to yourself and allow others to help you x

Thank you Carnation. I'm not feeling very capable at the moment. I just can't concentrate or sit still for long- I'm used to living with this but it's worse now. I think it's to be expected though in view of everything xx

Pulisa, I think you've got to expect to feel agitated and restless. Your body and mind is on the ready for action.
    You have a situation which seems presently out of your control, but at the same time you are very much involved in the process.
    Personally I think you need to vent as much as you need on this thread. You need support and comfort and maybe a little advice here and there.
    You don't have to suffer alone.
    Try to keep your normal routine as much as you can, make some plans for Christmas to keep the positivity going and the moments you have to yourself find some good things to watch on tv or surf YouTube for calming Apps before you go to bed. x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You will need strength, tenacity and fortitude - characteristics you possess, Dear Cmrd P. But there is also only so much within your own control.

I really hope for the best and you always know where I am if needed.

Sending much love

Never Surrender, Comrade

You are right in that I can't control how things will go and it's all very unpredictable at this stage, KK. I can only try my best to keep him safe but ultimately I have no say in the matter. I can only hope that things will get better. Thanks so much for your support xx

Carnation, I know how important my own routine is to me and how little things matter. I couldn't survive without having these as a support when times are tough xx

A very tough day today and crisis team and newly allocated CPN coming tomorrow. It's ironic that my son now has access to the CMHT whereas my daughter has zilch input because she falls between special needs and mainstream services. Good job they don't know about my demons!!

Yes, might be wise to keep your demons under wraps for the time being. Tough days are just that, but they pass. Although you have another one tomorrow, it seems to be moving fast so that at least is a good thing.
    I expect there's alot of pacing and agitated status, but at least you don't have to wait until next week or month for that matter.
    I know it's difficult, but try to keep positive. x

Yes I know it's a good thing that things are happening quickly and it's reassuring to know that acute care services really are acute when needed.

I'm certainly not going to mention my own issues-they wouldn't be interested anyway. Every day is a major challenge at the moment but I'm still standing!

If Elton John can do it, you can too Pulisa. x

Hi Pulisa, I don’t have much to offer right now but thinking of you , the feeling of being out of control with your family is the worst , you will find the strength to get him through as you have before .
    Take care

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information