Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: hugs

Re: hugs

I think you were under no illusions that it was going to be an easy journey Pulisa. Its the beginning of the journey and in my opinion, the hardest bit. You have such a large plate of responsibility and at this point it is not failure, although you may think it is. For one thing, you are there and that goes a long way to someone suffering. PTSD is very complexed, but it's curable. As we already know anxiety and depression is a very different story, but we do know it is manageable. Obviously everything I have just said will have no bearing on what you are feeling and going through, but as we've said many times to others, you have to take one step at a time. But please take moments for yourself when you can and don't beat yourself up with guilt and worry. Life can certainly deal a bad hand, but it can also change. x

Birthdays after a certain age are played down now Pulisa

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's very kind of you, Carnation. To be honest I'm completely knackered trying to guide my son through the horrors of a new med with severe anxiety and depression and keeping my daughter away from the worst of it which terrifies the life out of her. So far I'm failing with my son but keeping my daughter just about going. I suspect my son may have a form of PTSD which is keeping him locked in a time which still is intensely painful and traumatic for him many months after the event but I don't want to underplay true PTSD.

I haven't forgotten it's nearly your birthday though.....xx
    Like any good parent you want to sort it, to take it away. Would any parent be any different in your situation though? Sure, you have your own battles to work through but we all know you well enough to know you will keep that away from them and allow it out later once the things you need to do for others are done. So, it's very emotionally draining for you having to do that but in terms of what you do for your son I can't see how any parent would be able to do any different? You may face more challenges than them in getting things sorted if that's how your anxiety affects you but you have proven many times you will push through it because it matters more that the loved one is getting what is needed.

I hope he is feeling more settled soon and you all can have a breather from what must be a very hard time.

BIB - neither have I

Thank you so much Carnation and Terry. Somehow I have to give him a reason to want to carry on living when he is constantly tormented by a past traumatic event which has destroyed his routine and his hopes for the future. Having ASD complicates things as we all see so much on here with other posters. Keeping him safe will be my biggest challenge ever xxx

The obvious reason to carry on is the future and what can seem like a dark pit with no way out in the present can turn in to a much brighter picture.

My uncle was diagnosed with schizophrenia and spent many years living in his bedroom in his 30s. He also suffered with PTSD. Once he was on the right medication, his life turned around, he met someone, moved in with them and was very happy. The lady in question became his carer and they travelled the world.
    It must sound very airy fairy to you, but despite your son's demons and situation, you need to keep that dream aspect, for you too. x

Our purpose in life is to look after others, you've certainly being doing that multitude Pulisa. And it must wear you down. Please get your support on here. I know it just words, but offloading and knowing there is a voice that understands and can give you comfort can go a long way. xx

I know it can, Carnation and thank you so much for your kindness and message of hope. Yesterday brought another distressing incident but he's safe now. We're all still standing! xxx

Sending you because I can x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I know it can, Carnation and thank you so much for your kindness and message of hope. Yesterday brought another distressing incident but he's safe now. We're all still standing! xxx
    Huge hugs xx

Thank you so much. Have got some breathing space this evening so my daughter and I are going to watch Danny Dire's (sic) effort "The Wall" this evening. Apologies to all those who like him! xxx

Cor Blimey Pulisa, eel only get on yer nerves with all that dog and bone and me ol china.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information