Thread: Last hurdle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last hurdle

So, I've made alot of progress with my heath anxiety. I no longer google or run to the doctors every day of the week. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, like I'm nearly breaking the wheel but I'm still struggling with one thing- heart. Mainly heart rate. I always had a slightly higher heart rate (in the 80's to 90's.) yet at my worst points it can jump up to anywhere between 175-190 bpm. I had quite a had rush of anxiety today and I went to the pharmacy today to get it checked. They said my blood pressure was text book perfect. My heart rate was about 130 when I went in and she took it a few times before it came down to about 102 bpm.

My Doctor has taken my pulse before, said everything fine- yet when I get that thudding feeling. I can't control it, it sets me off. Yet I am better at coming around and somewhat enjoying my day afterwards- not in a total look out in total fear anymore. Yet it seems to hit me in alot of places, public, at home- trying to sleep. It starts rattling in my chest and my limbs go super weak....it always feels like the end of everything. I also tend to wake up with like numb limbs and a super racing heart. This really sets me off for the rest of the day. I'm also having issues with pain my left arm (mainly in the wrist and fingers are)

Yet with this fear, I've been managing to get out more. In the last month I've only missed one social outing I was invited too over HA. Which I'm very proud of, I used to hide away and refuse to go anywhere. Sometimes I feel like my body feels so sick and I feel so distance, I'm getting better at grounding myself. Yet today I had a bad moment I'm feeling more in control.

Anyway, the point of this post was to ask people if they had any natural things to help? My gp doesn't want to put me on meds which is understanding as I'm only 23 years old. Like I try breathing but I wondering if anyone has another tips xxx

Thank you for reading x
    Last edited by SarahNah; 01-11-19 at 20:34.

Thread Information