Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Last hurdle

Re: Last hurdle

At my worst I'd get triggered taking the bins out, so I get how much of a big deal going for a walk can be.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    At my worst I'd get triggered taking the bins out, so I get how much of a big deal going for a walk can be.
    Oh it's been a slow process, even standing up after sitting could set me off. It's taking awhile but I'm slowly trying to readjust as I know I move to quickly on trying to make myself get used to it I'll just crash out faster!

And I'm being reasonable about this head/eye pain. For as awful as it is, probs don't to stress and neck tension! Trying to use my coping methods the best I can

Yeah pain is unbelievably common. Try not to sweat it too much, it'll pass.

Interesting point. I'm seeing an osteopath at the moment and he has suggested that muscle tension can easily cause random heart rate spikes because of the vagus nerve. Apparently our heart, vagus nerve and something else were all part of the same cell bundle as a foetus and they still react to each other as adults. I know for sure that if my muscles are tense now, I can stretch and my heart rate will spike 30-50bpm for about 20-30 seconds. It doesn't bother me any more, but it just goes to show what stress can do.

Yeah pain is unbelievably common. Try not to sweat it too much, it'll pass.

Interesting point. I'm seeing an osteopath at the moment and he has suggested that muscle tension can easily cause random heart rate spikes because of the vagus nerve. Apparently our heart, vagus nerve and something else were all part of the same cell bundle as a foetus and they still react to each other as adults. I know for sure that if my muscles are tense now, I can stretch and my heart rate will spike 30-50bpm for about 20-30 seconds. It doesn't bother me any more, but it just goes to show what stress can do.
    That's actually a interesting thing your osteopath said! I'm really trying to reduce the stress in my life and just roll with things with more easy not jumping and kicking into fight mood everytime I have a strange feeling. I'm also lucky to have my boyfriend here who tries to understand and help me around from my panic attacks without helping to much either...if you get what I mean? Like he'll sit with me and remind me to do my breaths but he really tried to have me pull myself out of it. As I need to do this for me.

Just a thought.... perhaps you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for managing a life change that would cripple many sufferers and non-sufferers alike instead of giving a few normal physical niggles and functions any attention

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    That's actually a interesting thing your osteopath said! I'm really trying to reduce the stress in my life and just roll with things with more easy not jumping and kicking into fight mood everytime I have a strange feeling. I'm also lucky to have my boyfriend here who tries to understand and help me around from my panic attacks without helping to much either...if you get what I mean? Like he'll sit with me and remind me to do my breaths but he really tried to have me pull myself out of it. As I need to do this for me.
    His reaction is ideal tbh. But yeah, it's that initial conscious reaction to strange feelings that make or break the following hour or two.

Anxiety is too fast to stop, it's milliseconds, but you are in complete control of the 10-15 seconds following the 'trigger' and that's where the adrenaline is squirted out in varying amounts based on your perception of danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just a thought.... perhaps you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for managing a life change that would cripple many sufferers and non-sufferers alike instead of giving a few normal physical niggles and functions any attention

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa! I was nearly not going to do this- I'm hoping a change of place might help abit. Since I'm someone who mental holds onto events- like if i had a super bad panic attack somewhere everytime I went back there it's all I can think about. I really need to give it my all again!......and try to stop feeding that dragon to much x

His reaction is ideal tbh. But yeah, it's that initial conscious reaction to strange feelings that make or break the following hour or two.

Anxiety is too fast to stop, it's milliseconds, but you are in complete control of the 10-15 seconds following the 'trigger' and that's where the adrenaline is squirted out in varying amounts based on your perception of danger.
    Thanks for the reply Joe! You've really given me some words of wisdom on this post and it means alot!

So we've gotten more settled here, I was doing really good! Until tonight when I was putting some dishes away before going to bed and u suddenly got this dizzy feeling while standing still. I nearly went crashing back into the floor- after I gotten over the shock of it. All I could think about was how I nearly smashed all of our new blows....which would have not been nice lol.

I tried to shake the feelings off, remember that sometimes our bodies just have moments. So I went to bed, yet no sleep came. My heart was racing still, everytime I was close to sleep a jerk/heart pounding/or felt like it was missing a beat would happen and I was sitting upright. This happened enough times that it woke up my boyfriend up, so rather then keep annoying him I've gotten up and currently trying to read some stuff before trying to sleep again. I'm trying to remind myself, well this is all unpleasant it's not going to be the end of me.

That while it can be scary, it's just that scary feelings that I'm not going to feed into. One bad night doesn't mean it's going to be bad forever again.

Stuipdly feeling a bit proud of myself today. Even tho I woke up feeling filled with anixety- so short of breath and heart pounding I still got up. I did things I normally wouldn't do while alone, like shower, up and down stairs to the washing machine. I'm sitting on the couch now, feeling exhausted and really out of breath- but I did it! I just didn't back out and wait for my boyfriend to get home!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information