Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitness tips?

Fitness tips?

I got pretty fit the last few years, then I had a baby and wasn't able to exercise throughout the pregnancy and several months after. I can only run for a few minutes before I wheeze and cough for ages. I don't know how to get fit if i can't even run for a couple of minutes without my body shutting down :/

Re: Fitness tips?

Yoga on your bed

That's a great idea thank you! I'll start with that tomorrow.

I've just restarted Slimming World this last Weds, lost 5.5 pounds first week
    BUT I need to lose 4.5 Stone

I can't park run at the moment as I get shin splints because of my weight
    Hoping as I lose weight I can start fitness stuff

Yoga sounds possible but I'm not very bendy at the moment

That's great progress! Doesn't really matter how much you lose as long as it keeps going down, all adds up
    What is slimming world like? Would you reccomend it?

You can do beginners yoga! Yoga is the sort of thing that will make you bendy with time, no one starts with the complicated stuff.

Slimming World is good because you can eat plenty of food as long as you have 1/3rd of your plate with speed foods like Veg/Salads etc
    You have Syns which allow you to snack sensibly as well
    I like it as a lot of it avoids weighing everything

Here's the simplest way I've found to get fit...and it works.

Eat less. Walk more.

That's it.

Eat reasonably. Go for a brisk 1 hour walk 5 days a week. Bring the baby...or not. Don the ear buds. Relieve the stress. Easier on you than running and just as beneficial. I read recently that walking is the perfect exercise. Even the natural swinging of the arms is good for both sides of the brain.

Eat less. Walk more.

N.

Before the baby I had a veeery healthy diet but now I'm so depressed I comfort eat. I need to cut that out and then my diet would be fine, which is probably easier said than done. Maybe adding some structure to my diet with something like slimming world would help.

Eat less, walk more. Sounds good, I can do that! Plus it's a good mantra. Thank you

It's amazing what just small changes can make. take someone who goes to McDonald's everyday and orders a quarter pounder a french fry and a Coke. if they would just order the quarter pounder switch from Coke to Diet Coke and eliminate the fries it would be a huge difference. By the way a Coke has 200 calories of garbage and a Diet Coke has zero calories. Just by making that small change you've eliminated 440 calories per day! Add walking to that and now you've got something.

Invest in a skipping rope. A thin one. You should have some room somewhere to do this like the garden, kitchen etc. I can do it in the tightest of spots.

Jump rope every day. Wake up, jump rope. Evening time, jump rope. If you're at home in the day jump some rope while you make a cup of tea. If you're feeling drained, jump some rope.

First start with jumping for as long as you can. Doesn't matter if it's 10 seconds, or 60 seconds, or 5 minutes. Find your base point.

When you jump rope aim to jump in sets of x3. Between each set of jumps pause, let yourself readjust, drink some water, do some stretches. Repeat. x3 times. Morning, and evening, and in between if possible. Stick at your base point for a week, the following week push yourself to do more. And keep going. Aim for jumping 20 minutes non stop. By this point you'll be as fit as a fiddle. It's important to do the stretches.

If you can get some dumbells, or kettle balls, there's ALOT you can do with those to workout your entire body. Being stuck in the house I've become a master at keeping fit at home.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information