Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling scared and hopeless - need some support

Re: Feeling scared and hopeless - need some support

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Thanks Blue Iris that would be so great! I would love to have something that stops me thinking about the anxiety and my state of mind all the time! My email is tamsin.wilkins@icloud.com. I will do anything to get better! XX
    Did I read somewhere that you had improvement for a few days and PDU said that that is a step in the right direction and shows the medication is working- or was that someone else? X

Think was someone else - I’ve had a few hours here and there but no whole days. Feeling anxious tonight as I’m feeling physically horrible. The psych has got me taking the lorazepam more regularly and it’s helping but when it wore off this afternoon I felt really horrible - but fluey, achy, headachy, anxious just horrible. Should I still be getting physical side effects after all this time?

Think was someone else - I’ve had a few hours here and there but no whole days. Feeling anxious tonight as I’m feeling physically horrible. The psych has got me taking the lorazepam more regularly and it’s helping but when it wore off this afternoon I felt really horrible - but fluey, achy, headachy, anxious just horrible. Should I still be getting physical side effects after all this time?
    Aw I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I am still getting anxiety symptoms but my reaction to them is different- I feel like I just accept them more. But it has taken some time to do that. Speak to your psych and see what they think?

is there anyone that has written a citalopram diary and say how long it usually takes to kick in x

I just wanted to say that I totally understand.

I restarted Escitalopram 3 months ago and it’s not quite gone to plan.

The whole scenario just sucks. It sucks the hope out of you. BUT keep going and keep in comms with your GP.

You are not alone. It is definitely a journey we are on and we will get there.

I hope better days are on the way for you.

Hi all would be good to hear from others? 6 weeks tomorrow, 25 days on 20mg. Still not feeling great - in fact very depressed today. Just wondering when it’s ever going to kick in 😔

Hi all would be good to hear from others? 6 weeks tomorrow, 25 days on 20mg. Still not feeling great - in fact very depressed today. Just wondering when it’s ever going to kick in 😔
    It definitely can take longer with some people, but please go and chat with your GP and see what they recommend. Also, are you seeing a psychologist at all?

That can help with your thinking around it, especially if you have already decided it's not going to work. It still might - and remember the improvements are not linear.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information