Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think one of my boobs has shrunk?!

I think one of my boobs has shrunk?!

Please somebody talk some sense into me!

A month ago, i went to the breast clinic about a vertical indentation...it was scanned and was fine!
    However, when I was there, the doctor asked if I’d always had uneven breasts. I don’t know why, but I said yes...even though I’ve never noticed this before!
    Needless to say, it’s now all i can focus on! My left boob (the one that was scanned) is bigger and fuller. The right breast (never been scanned) is about a cup size smaller (maybe a little less). It’s more obvious when I look from a distance or raise my arms.
    Today is ovulation day and it looks more obvious than ever!

What the hell do I do?!!! Maybe it’s always been like this, but how have I missed it?! Or maybe it’s new and one of my boobs has shrunk!

I’ve been to the breast clinic twice this year, so I don’t think my GP would take me too seriously about this.

How can I know if this is normal or not?!

Re: I think one of my boobs has shrunk?!

You've been checked over enough lately that it's incredibly unlikely that there's anything wrong that wouldn't have been picked up.

Sillycon

It’s perfectly normal to have different breasts. You’re just paying more attention because you are worrying about breast cancer. One of my nipples sits lower and points down. I obsessed over it for ages when I noticed it but I’ve been checked and nothing was said. You are ok. It’s ok. Some women have up to 3 cup size diffeeence in their breasts in extreme cases. Lots have one smaller than the other. Xx

You are just hyper focusing on something which I'm sure has been the same all along! Different sizes, assymtery in various ways, is totally normal - far more normal than symmetry. Mine are a cup size different for sure. Thats just how it is. As BlueI says, you've been checked and they found nothing wrong, thats the critical point.

So

What the hell do I do?!!!
    Nowt, nothing at all.

Edited to add - it seems to be pretty common also, and I have no idea why and this is just annecdotal stuff based on reading other forums, that water being held in your breast tissue before a period often affects the left side much more strongly. I have no idea at all why, but it was something I queried as I get pain in the left side breast and water retention only on that side.
    Last edited by Carys; 04-11-19 at 16:11.

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. You’re all so very reassuring and I appreciate that so much.
    You’re very right that I’m hyper focusing on something, and that it may have always been that way. I just don’t understand how I could have been so overly breast-aware for the last two years, to the point of obsession, and yet missed something that now looks so obvious!

Also, I’ve only ever had the left boob scanned...never the (smaller) right boob.

HA is exhausting!

My right breast is a cup to cup and 1/2 smaller than my left. It became more noticeable after I had kids.

I understand that it can be normal. I’m just unsure if this is new for me as I’ve never noticed it before! And if it is new, should I be worried!
    Hopefully I’m just being hyper aware...cos if the breast doctor hadn’t pointed it out, id probably still be blissfully unaware of it!
    I’m also obsessing over the position of the nipple on that side too...thinking it might be slightly lower than usual, I’m hoping that’s just due to weight loss and my tummy not propping my boob up as much as normal 😂 but it’s still a worry!

Just because it worries you, it doesn't mean there's anything to be worried about.

I think it’s more of a concern if one gets bigger than the other out of nowhere and there is normally tenderness with that I believe? Could be wrong about the tenderness thing. As I’ve discovered with health anxiety. Seek and you shall find every little thing and obsess over it x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information