Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Personally I would try and go private Mr L, this year I had NHS CBT, which finished after so many sessions and I'm still seeing someone privately. Both were/are helpful, but NHS options do seem to be finite.

Well, I'm going to ring the doctor back tomorrow because he told me to update him on my bowels. So I'll ask about therapy again. I was in the middle of a CBT course before the very first covid lockdown, but that got cancelled then.

Is it worth discussing what's happened? I just find it weird I had these symptoms briefly last weekend, which then got better for 3/4 days, then returned badly. Doesn't make much sense does it?

Mr. L, if bodies made any sense at all there'd be no need for doctors to listen to us rattle on describing things.
    Best wishes!

I told myself I wouldn't post on here again about bowels for a while, but this has been niggling at me for 3 days now.

For the past week, or since my bowels returned back to 'normal' after my xmas stomach bug, I've been a bit more constipated than usual. Leading up to the stomach bug, I don't think I had a firm bowel movement for months, however recently they've been a lot firmer and I've been straining at times. However when I've had softer movements like today, there's hard bits lumps mixed in - and that concerns me. Sorry, far too much information.

Is it just a case of waiting for my body to get back to normal or is this something I should be concerned about? My diet hasn't been great either since the bug - I've been eating a lot more carbs than usual, and not that much healthy stuff. Cause and effect?

I'm still searching for a therapist, I've had a few recommendations, but having tried CBT, hypnotherapy and counselling over the last 5 years, I'm just conscious of finding the right person.

How do you know that you've got hard bits mixed in? Have you been doing a Gillian McKeith?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How do you know that you've got hard bits mixed in? Have you been doing a Gillian McKeith?
    Had to google that name!

And yes, I suppose I have been analysing. However you can feel some hard bits as they pass......

That's so common with IBS though. I get it all the time. You have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes!

It's just one thing after another these day.

I'm deeply concerned about our youngest daughter at the moment. For the past week, or maybe two, she's been more tired than usual, and has a poor appetite. This is quite worrying because she's normally a big snacker - always in the cupboard or asking for something to eat (she's not overweight or anything close btw).

My partner is refusing to see a doctor about it, however I think we need to now. We thought she may have had covid because another parent said their child was quiet, off their food and tired - and he tested positive. But we did a test tonight which was negative. She did say that she was hungry a few times today, but turned her nose up at everythiing we offered.

Just very, very worried. I've been looking up online, and her symptoms sound like leukemia.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-01-22 at 18:51.

Mr L,

You're going off the deep end for no reason here. Your dragon is creating negative scenarios to rile you up.

Step back from the rabbit hole! Kids, just like every living creature, human or not, have their ups and downs and you have a negative test to boot!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Mr L,

You're going off the deep end for no reason here. Your dragon is creating negative scenarios to rile you up.

Step back from the rabbit hole! Kids, just like every living creature, human or not, have their ups and downs and you have a negative test to boot!

FMP
    I feel my worry is justified right now. She hasn't been eating well for at least 2 weeks, with the last week being pretty bad and fussy. Also way more lethargic than usual.

My other daughter tested positive yesterday morning though, so we thought the youngest has it was well. I know this sounds terrible, but I was hoping she'd be positive, because at least we'd have a reason as to why she's not been right. However back to worrying now.

She's just not right. We seem blessed with bad lack as a family, with both my uncle and father dying of cancer close together, and everything seems to be going wrong recently for us.

I have a serious gut feeling as a parent that something is very wrong with her.

On top of all that, my partner thinks it's maybe psychological about her not eating well, and that it's MY fault because I obsess with how much they eat, and fuss when they don't eat properly at dinner.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-01-22 at 19:27.

Page 84 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread Information