Page 31 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "Yet" or "At All". Please don't belittle schizophrenia..
    I'm 100% not belittling the illness, I wouldnt have this fear if I was. My dad was hospitalised for 10 months in a psychiatric ward when I was 16, so I've seen at first hand what schizophrenia is like.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I'm 100% not belittling the illness, I wouldnt have this fear if I was. My dad was hospitalised for 10 months in a psychiatric ward when I was 16, so I've seen at first hand what schizophrenia is like.
    So you will know how much of an impact schizophrenia has on the individual and on the family.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So you will know how much of an impact schizophrenia has on the individual and on the family.
    Bit late coming back to this sorry. Probably should've clarified that sentence, my dad isn't schizophrenic btw. He was diagnosed with bipolar eventually. But I saw other patients who were schizophrenic and it put a big fear in me.

Calling all pile sufferers, I have a small case of them atm. I have a pea sized mildly sore lump downstairs. I know this is a pile and I'm not thinking of anything else. However yesterday I began to get a 'twingy' pain 2/3 inches into my......well, bottom. It sort of comes and goes like a very mild, mild stabbing sensation. In the same area. No blood, and no pain when going to the toilet. Is this consistent with piles? Online states that internal piles are usually painless, so my mind is starting to wonder......

The only other explanation is that I may have scratched myself with the anusol inserting thing.

Also, I don't want to waste doctors time but the pea sized pile has been there for around 3/4 days now and apparently they usually clear up on their own within a few days, so dunno whether to seek medical advice.

Thanks
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-05-20 at 13:52.

Sometimes they can take a couple of weeks, don't sweat it.

Hello all, haven't been on here in quite a few months. Haven't been struggling with any health anxiety worries, but I was made redundant 6 weeks ago, so money and jobs has been my main focus.

However, I have a serious problem at the moment.

Months ago, maybe at the start of lockdown I noticed like a little raise red blemish/pimple close to my elbow. I worried at first, but because it was small I thought it was maybe a cherry angioma or maybe an old injury/insect bite. I dunno.

However on looking at it this week again, it now has two pinprick sized dark red spots inside it. So I'm terrified now it's melanoma, and kicking myself for not getting it checked months ago.

Thing is because I didn't pay much attention to it before, I dunno if those spots were there already or new. I think new.

Any changes in a mole point to cancer, so this is pretty terrifying.

This is really upsetting and frustrating, as I've got job interviews lined up, but can't concentrate at the moment.

Just reading through the boards lately, its certainly apparent many are suffering and deep in the rabbit hole. Its especially more difficult with the pandemic and its that IMO, that is a catalyst. True, you haven't posted in a while and my thought was that you were doing well. I'll tell you what I told another member... Don't allow this to pull you into the rabbit hole. If you could manage all that time since you last posted, you can stop this before it pulls you back in.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just reading through the boards lately, its certainly apparent many are suffering and deep in the rabbit hole. Its especially more difficult with the pandemic and its that IMO, that is a catalyst. True, you haven't posted in a while and my thought was that you were doing well. I'll tell you what I told another member... Don't allow this to pull you into the rabbit hole. If you could manage all that time since you last posted, you can stop this before it pulls you back in.

Positive thoughts
    Yeah fair enough. I'm trying not to think the worst, but it's hard when you have something that ticks all the cancer boxes. Mole, dark spots etc

My uncle was admitted to hospital a few days ago. He was found to be severely anemic a few weeks ago. He's lost loads of weight over lockdown and turned yellow last week. He has a range of tests upcoming - Full body CT Scan, colonoscopy, endoscopy. Maybe that is also trigger for my anxiety.

I'm sure it is , Mr L because your Uncle sounds pretty ill and you must be very worried about him..and it also gives your HA ammunition to channel in on something..anything going on with you. Remember that most of your issues have "ticked all the cancer boxes" in your HA mindset.

I'm sorry about your job loss but don't let HA get a grip again. Other things are far more a priority and this includes having the mental strength to support your Uncle in any way you can. You can't do that if you are bogged down with HA..nor can you concentrate on job interviews satisfactorily.

I agree with Pulisa and now you know the catalyst for your heightened anxiety. As I said.... Don't allow this to pull you into the rabbit hole. Use what you've leaned and lean on the positives that kept you away from the boards the last few months. You've proven you can do it so prove it again.

Positive thought.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Continuing to post on here will keep you in HA mode..Don't fall into that trap because you know what will happen..and you can't afford it to happen.

Page 31 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread Information