Page 24 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

I really don't know what to do. I'm in therapy now and I'm meant to really work hard not to seek reassurance: by means of googling, talking on here, asking friends/family or visiting the doctors.

But my left flank around my mole area gets itchy at times, and all I think about is Melanoma. Even on a good day I'll get an itch there and the negative thoughts come rushing back. I know anxiety can make you feel sensations, but surely not when you're having a good day?

I'm hoping it could be underlying anxiety because there's been a lot of melanoma talk recently on news websites and on here, all of which have obviously triggered me.

Sighs, so tired of this all.

It's horrible, isn't it? Melanoma is a major trigger of mine - more for my husband's moles than for my own. Honestly, though, I don't think this is something worth worrying about.

Keep practicing at retraining your thoughts, and you'll get there eventually.

Thanks for the reply BI. The fatigue is whats bothering me a lot, everyday for weeks now I've had stingy heavy eyes - can't find this to be related to anxiety unlike other symptoms like palps, bowel issues etc.

I've just called and asked my mum to look at my mole again to see exactly what colour it is....I know she's not a dr, so dunno why I'm doing it.....

Because your HA is flaring massively, is why.

Honestly, I'm exhausted all the time right now, but I was ill over Christmas and my depression's being a git right now. I don't love it, but it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Because your HA is flaring massively, is why.

Honestly, I'm exhausted all the time right now, but I was ill over Christmas and my depression's being a git right now. I don't love it, but it doesn't bother me.
    Hmm, regarding the depression, how do you feel? I don't feel like 'classically depressed' like some people describe - black clouds, sleeping, cannot get out of bed etc. But I am worried about money all the time, constantly feel like I'm not doing well in enough in life, health worries (obviously!), fatigued.

That's going to exhaust you, definitely.

Don't go diagnosing yourself with depression - it's true that it often accompanies anxiety, but leave that one for a medical professional. I've been living with it since my teens.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    That's going to exhaust you, definitely.

Don't go diagnosing yourself with depression - it's true that it often accompanies anxiety, but leave that one for a medical professional. I've been living with it since my teens.
    Is it? I always assumed that I have sort of depression. I'm sure a dr told me once that depression is the cause of anxiety, and thats why it's treated with anti-depressants.

I've always been a bit confused if they are completely separate entities.

They're closely related, but separate, which is why some ADs work better for depression and some have better results for anxiety. Might be worth asking next time you're at your GP, anyway.

So ive joined the coronavirus health anxiety party.

My partner had a sore throat start of the week, and some mild cold like symptoms - she is now better. I caught it Tue/Wed, however on Monday night I walked past a bunch of asian students with my dog, and now because Im still not better - stuffy nose, cough, a bit achy - the what ifs are starting.....

I don’t know from which exact countries the international students are from btw, and they may have already been here before the outbreak began. The campus and college is a mile from our house and I regurarly walk the dog past there.

I could email the college to ask but then I’d sound like a complete nutter - not that I am not one already.

Did the students have suitcases with them labelled "Wuhan"?

Page 24 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread Information