Page 151 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    We just had a selection of stuff from Tesco - Pizza, some chinese curry, chips, dips, spring rolls, crisps. I also ate our daughters' left over puddings, probably a bad idea. Have an awful stomach this morning, diarrhea upon waking etc. But it's most likely that I've overindulged and ate late at night after hardly eating for two weeks.
    You've hardly eaten anything these past few weeks. Your insides will have been doing the conga with all the stress and anxiety and you go and wollop a shit load of junk food down your neck?

It's wonder you didn't shit the bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Sounds like you've been eating a load of shi te Mr L. Just the ticket when your poor stomach has been denied meals over your worrying. As they say, you reap what you sow.
    Seriously, you've got to get a more healthier balance in your eating if you want to be free of stomach and bowel issues. It sounds like you had 3 takeaways all in one go!
    Cynical me suggests that you were "testing " your guts with this onslaught? Just to keep those niggles alive (if they had ever died or at least dimmed?) Still got symptoms so there's been a "mistake"? Tell me I'm wrong and completely out of order?

No wasnt testing my guts. Ive been living off plain pasta, eggs and crackers recently and just fancied a lot of different food / ‘treats’. But it backfired big time! Im a bit upset/annoyed that maybe I cant eat food I used to enjoy, or I just overindulged to compensate for the recent weeks. Hopefully the latter.

I probably need to alter my eating habits though. I dont eat breakfast nor a proper lunch. Then I tend to eat lots between 5 and 10pm which Ive read can be really bad for IBS.

No wasnt testing my guts. Ive been living off plain pasta, eggs and crackers recently and just fancied a lot of different food / ‘treats’. But it backfired big time! Im a bit upset/annoyed that maybe I cant eat food I used to enjoy, or I just overindulged to compensate for the recent weeks. Hopefully the latter.

I probably need to alter my eating habits though. I dont eat breakfast nor a proper lunch. Then I tend to eat lots between 5 and 10pm which Ive read can be really bad for IBS.
    I'm far too suspicious, Mr L so I apologise! I would say that's there's a very simple reason for your "upset"..Overindulgence. I'm glad you will be reassessing your diet and your eating habits. Your blood sugar will be much better balanced out throughout the day and this will help your anxiety symptoms too.

Not only bad for IBS but also bad for anxiety..(the body has to work hard to digest food and all at a time when you're supposed to be resting)

Hi all, have a mixture of suffering and queries if anybody can help.

Things have been going well with the hypnotherapist, and he's quite knowledgable about IBS. I've also started counselling to help with my grief and further worries.

I've been doing ok, not had much trouble. However this morning, I woke up at 5.30 with like nausea and 'hunger' pains/sensations, and then I drifted in and out of sleep feeling a bit uncomfortable until 7.30. Then I had two boughts of diarrhea within an hour, and I've still been feeling nauseous since ( it's now 12.30pm). It's dragging me down a bit. My youngest daughter has been ill with some virus, a very high temp, and just lethargic, so that's been a worry for me. And last night I had band practice and didn't have time to eat dinner, so ended up eating biscuits, crisps, some sugary tea's, a magnum and some chocolate bars - just crap basically, and late at night. Now I don't know if there's a trigger there, or this morning flare up is just a reaction to all that junk food. It's the nausea that's stressing me out more than anything at the moment, because I don't feel like eating.

I'm also feeling cold again like I have at times during other flare ups, and that's again concerning - why would I feel cold in this weather?!

The hypnotherapist also suggested that I could look into allergy testing, just to rule out that there's no food trigger for my IBS - I haven't really noticed a food pattern/trigger before. I've read these types of tests can be a bit dodgy/untrustworthy, so where would I get the testing done? Can it be done through your GP/NHS?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 14-07-22 at 17:15.

I would ask for a referral to see a dietitian and see what they can do for you and not do the tests.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I would ask for a referral to see a dietitian and see what they can do for you and not do the tests.
    Ok thanks, I will ring up and ask. Why not do the tests out of interest?

Ok thanks, I will ring up and ask. Why not do the tests out of interest?
    Because doing the tests will send you into another spiral.

As far as feeling cold during warm weather. I get like that all the time as I have an autoimmune disorder and makes me intolerant to the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Because doing the tests will send you into another spiral.

As far as feeling cold during warm weather. I get like that all the time as I have an autoimmune disorder and makes me intolerant to the cold.
    Well they're allergy / intolerance tests, so nothing THAT bad to worry about.

What autoimmune disorder do you have? Maybe that's something I need to look into.

Page 151 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast

Thread Information