Page 163 of 187 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

A&E was insanely busy, so will ring docs in the morning now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Why? What is the point?

It normally is.

How are you going to justify asking for another urgent appointment?

I do read all your replies Nora, and really appreciate them. I try my best to reply to your advice.
    It's not replies I want; it's for you to take the information in and use it. (clearly, you're not)

My bowels and stomach are a complete mess. I've even taken two buscopans today but nothing is helping. Food is going through me at an alarming rate, and it smells really weird - like a mucousy smell.
    So you're expecting this to be a quick fix?

I've just rang the docs but there's no more appointments today. I'm feeling completely petrified now, something is seriously going wrong inside me.
    And you wonder why your digestive system is playing up?

Ok, I'm panicking big time now. Just read a story of how a 33 yr old man (younger than me) had epigastric pain, same as where mine is, accompanied by diarrhea, same as me. Turns out he had a form of cancer in the lymph nodes around his pancreas! I'm still getting pain after eating, as well as pain when bending forward.

I think I'm going to have to visit A&E tonight. My uncle was only diagnosed after presenting to A&E. This is not good at all.

You. Are. Not. Your. Uncle. (or that 33 year old bloke). You are not any of the people whose stories you are choosing to terrify yourself with..

Also, you are abusing this service as a way to queue jump to get scans..

Did you go?

Were you triaged as non-urgent with a long waiting time while they prioritised the folk who need urgent medical help? Or did you come to your senses and realise that this is a matter for your GP?

I'm not sure if I should go to A&E, at least then I may get a scan or something to see whats going on inside me.

I never went to A&E with the intention of jumping the queue with scans; I genuinely thought I was seriously ill and that I would die there.. (and I am mortified that I wasted the doctors time, twice!)

I'm struggling to understand how you can actually plan to abuse the service in this way?

I didn't go to A&E last night in the end, but I'm awaiting a call back from the doctors this morning.

Utrocket09, whats the point? The point is that I've had upper abdominal pain, fullness, bloating, burping and feeling sick for 5 days now. I'be barely been eating one meal a day. Didn't you go to the docs/ER for like GERD symptoms a few months ago too?

Pulisa, these symptoms are different to what I've had previously so I think they warrant checking out.

Nora, yes, I would like a quick fix, although I know that's unlikely.

And I'm not planning on using A&E to jump queues for scans etc. I'm feeling desperate and scared as to whats going on inside me. These upper abdomen pains, along with the other symptoms above are quite new to me, so this is worrying. And the fact there's been no let up in the diarrhea, nausea, bloating for 5 days is concerning, no?

Tbh, I don't know what I'm expecting from the docs. I hope they don't send me for bloods again, I'd rather they just organised a scan or something - surely my symptoms meet the criteria. Or I'm hoping they say I've got a bought of gastritis or something and send me away with some ant-acids.

I've just had some banana and plain yoghurt for breakfast and I feel really full and sick, somethings not right at all. It could be gastritis or reflux, or even a H pylori infection.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 10-08-22 at 10:21.

I've just had some banana and plain yoghurt for breakfast and I feel really full and sick, somethings not right at all. It could be gastritis or reflux, or even a H pylori infection.
    Maybe you're pregnant?

I am joking of course, Mr. L., but at this point, it's about as likely as anything else you're worried about.

I've had identical bowel symptoms for ages -- worse even (though I am going to out 'privacy' a Brit [edit, excuse me, Welsh person! ] and not describe what I mean by that, because believe it or not, most people don't want to talk about poop in public!!) and do you know what's wrong? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Wishing the same for you.

I will also admit, having used the A&E on both sides of the Atlantic both actual real emergencies, I have strong feelings about anyone who isn't literally dying or in need of urgent attention showing up because they're worried.

After 3 hours of sitting in a UK A&E back hallway with a shattered limb (I'd got there via a 30 minute Coast Guard heli ride, too, after waiting 2 hours for them to come fetch me) I DID start to politely and very quietly sob to myself because I erroneously believed that if a bone wasn't set in a certain amount of time (at that point it was heading on 8 hours,) bad things happened (turns out they don't, I did another 6 days and a transatlantic flight with both bones totally unset, just casted, and in a total of about 12 pieces.)

And still I was ok with that, because it was a very busy summer night and ahead of me was a young man who had had a chemical accident at work and burned his eyeballs and was in agony, and a very elderly woman who had clearly had a stroke. These are the people who SHOULD be queue jumping in an A&E.

That said, again, Mr. L, wishing you all the best. I doubt we can say much more that'll help you at this point.

I didn't go to A&E last night in the end, but I'm awaiting a call back from the doctors this morning.

Utrocket09, whats the point? The point is that I've had upper abdominal pain, fullness, bloating, burping and feeling sick for 5 days now. I'be barely been eating one meal a day. Didn't you go to the docs/ER for like GERD symptoms a few months ago too?
    I did. I also did not expect a quick fix. I have problems previously and I never go to the ER.
    I also know what triggers are in my diet and don't panic at the drop of a hat.

kyllikki, I think I'd rather be pregnant than cope with these constant bowel issues. Maybe I'll regret saying that.........

Thank you for calling me Welsh instead if British btw! Ha. Only joking, although I do have friends who are very anti-Brit.

And yes, I know that if I went to A&E with stomach pains, that a lot of people there are in a worse or more urgent state. I have been to A&E quite a few times over the years where a doctors appointment could have sufficed.

A doctor from my surgery finally rang earlier, and talked me through the symptoms. He suggested a probable acid issue, so I'm starting the ant-acids for a few weeks. However he asked about my bowels and I said I still have diarrhea, which isn't new, but completely forgot to tell him that the stools have been quite yellow recently and that I've been having more cramps than usual.

The line was quite bad, and he was a new doctor from another country and I'm not sure if he was understanding me properly.

After having bloods and stool tests just over a month or so ago, what would be the chances of me developing an IBD in the meantime? Or that the blood tests and stool sample didnt show anything as I wasn't in the middle of a big flare like I have been recently?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 10-08-22 at 17:02.

Highly unlikely that you've developed IBD in a month. I get IBS symptoms and acid/silent reflux, nothing you have written sounds strange to me. I've had all of those symptoms and more. Diet, PPI's, and reducing stress always help my symptoms.

kyllikki, I think I'd rather be pregnant than cope with these constant bowel issues. Maybe I'll regret saying that.........

Thank you for calling me Welsh instead if British btw! Ha. Only joking, although I do have friends who are very anti-Brit.

And yes, I know that if I went to A&E with stomach pains, that a lot of people there are in a worse or more urgent state. I have been to A&E quite a few times over the years where a doctors appointment could have sufficed.

A doctor from my surgery finally rang earlier, and talked me through the symptoms. He suggested a probable acid issue, so I'm starting the ant-acids for a few weeks. However he asked about my bowels and I said I still have diarrhea, which isn't new, but completely forgot to tell him that the stools have been quite yellow recently and that I've been having more cramps than usual.

The line was quite bad, and he was a new doctor from another country and I'm not sure if he was understanding me properly.

After having bloods and stool tests just over a month or so ago, what would be the chances of me developing an IBD in the meantime? Or that the blood tests and stool sample didnt show anything as I wasn't in the middle of a big flare like I have been recently?
    So all that for nothing. Acid issues can take weeks to heal up.

Page 163 of 187 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast

Thread Information