Page 113 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Are you pleased? You sound it.

Calprotectin levels can be raised without their being any major problem but that's not going to cut any ice with you, I know.

No im definately not pleased. The doctors even looked concerned with my high blood pressure, because I was in a panic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    My inflammation markers are slightly raised. Knew it. Knew there was something wromg with me.
    Pulisa's right, you're sounding remarkably self-satisfied.

I really am not. I feel crushed, im facing a future living with a chronic illness.

Yes. Anxiety.

Well, let us know what they say & diagnose you with. Feel better soon Mr L.

I really am not. I feel crushed, im facing a future living with a chronic illness.
    Lots of people live with chronic illness...myself included. Doesnt mean anything.

My mother in law has crohns....you dont have it. And lots of people with crohns live a perfectly normal live.

Quit being so dramatic.

My inflammation markers are slightly raised. Knew it. Knew there was something wromg with me.
    The most common cause for raised inflammation markers is viral infection. Have you recently had one? (answer is yes)

Raised levels can be as simple as a viral infection or it can be a serious disease. In the absence of any obvious virus I would be concerned too but you clearly have and it's all over this thread. But you have HA so you are going to bypass logic and go with the serious stuff..

And you'll have spread your germs around a bit more by going to A & E..

Re the 'doctors looking concerned about your BP'. This is A & E. The docs don't have your medical history. They don't know you have a MH condition. My BP is raised every time I go to hospital or the doctors, as is the case with lots of people..

So what did they say to you?

Have you been urgently referred? Advised to see your own doctor? What? You're saying very little except 'I knew it. I knew there was something wrong with me'.

I get the desperation Mr L (been there, done that- twice) but there comes a day when you realise that you shouldn't have done it because there was no emergency and in rocking up to A & E - just to ease our own anxiety - we've contributed to a very big problem with the NHS.

The lead guitarist in my favourite band has Crohns, they're currently touring North America and are coming to Europe shortly to continue the tour.

It is perfectly possible to lead an amazing life if you have it (although honestly I don't think you do).

Thanks for the replies all. I'm not a very strong person, as can be seen on here, so if I was diagnosed with Crohns I wouldnt be able to cope. I went straight to bed last night as I was exhausted and didn't want to face this world anymore.

The doctor asked me for my symptom details, and said the inflammation markers were only sightly elevated, and not enough to warrant antibiotics or more investigation last night. He gave me some anti-acids because I said the pain was concentrated in my upper abdomen - however I don't think this is an acid problem. He said to follow up with my GP if symptoms do not improve.

I told him that I was panicking and worried about things like Crohn's disease after a 'bug' I had around xmas, and he said he wouldn't jump to that right now. But he said with Crohn's you'd get repeated episodes, which has made me worry, because this is a repeat of my xmas 'bug'.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 21-05-22 at 08:22.

Page 113 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast

Thread Information