Page 145 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Stool tests are not back yet.

But my bloods have all come back normal. I think I had a FBC, Liver Function, Ferratin, CRP, ESR, Coeliac, Kidney Function and something else. However a lot of Crohn's people have normal bloods, so I'm still on edge waiting for the stool test. I've read on a few forums that even people with aggressive Crohn's had normal bloods and inflammation markers, but then had an abnormal stool test.

I'm not skipping meals on purpose, I've got no appetite at all.
    I have read back over your latest scare and you mentioned your wife having blood in her stool. How is she? You always go back to yourself, and sometimes it helps if you focus on your family rather than it being all about you all the time. I’m glad your daughter is better.
    You have not been diagnosed with Crohn’s, so why on earth are you torturing yourself by reading Crohn’s forums? Anyway, I don’t think a stool test alone would give you a Crohn’s diagnosis. I have bad IBS as well as gastritis, and if I don’t eat it’s much worse. I also have the shakes and night sweats if I let my anxiety get the best of me.

Yes I was wondering about your partner too. In my view she has more worrying symptoms than you do. Yet you aren't encouraging her to get checked out?

You wanted "good news" before the weekend? I thought you had cut and dried IBD, no doubt about it? Just awaiting inevitable confirmation..despite the "red herring" of a normal comprehensive blood screen?

Good grief, I've had more abnormal total bloods (pointing at gastric inflammation) than this, Mr. L! Just 2 weeks ago I had to chuck the pram at my husband and crab walk home from the playground double quick to use the toilet for explosive watery painful purposes... this has been going on periodically for 6 years now, too! And yet I don't have IBS/Crohns, nor 145 pages of bowel worries on NMP.

Your gut will be fine. What about your mental health?!?!

I'm beginning to think that no matter what tests you have there will always be a 'but'.
    I'd be celebrating that your blood test was ok!

My MIL has picked up a prescription for Sertraline for me earlier. I'm going to try and start them tomorrow, but I'm quite scared.

I last spoke to my partner about her bleeding a few weeks ago, but she kept saying for me not to project my HA on her. She hasn't had an incident since so is not worried, but you're probably right that she should get checked out.

My partner is on sertraline and has no problems on them Mr L. I'm pretty certain you on a low dose to begin with.
    Can I just say that it sounds like you have a wonderful MIL. Wife too!

My MIL has picked up a prescription for Sertraline for me earlier. I'm going to try and start them tomorrow, but I'm quite scared.

I last spoke to my partner about her bleeding a few weeks ago, but she kept saying for me not to project my HA on her. She hasn't had an incident since so is not worried, but you're probably right that she should get checked out.
    At some point you have to take responsibility for getting better.

Everyone else is running around trying to help you and you’re just sitting still waiting for it to magically be all ok.

Take the pills, do the therapy. Be the person that helps instead of the one who needs help.

Great news on your bloods. I reckon you’re physically ok you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    At some point you have to take responsibility for getting better.

Everyone else is running around trying to help you and you’re just sitting still waiting for it to magically be all ok.

Take the pills, do the therapy. Be the person that helps instead of the one who needs help.

Great news on your bloods. I reckon you’re physically ok you know?
    Yes! Great advice Scass.

Great response, Scass.

It's very hard for those of us who've worked to overcome our HA to watch someone who seems to be deliberately doing whatever will make it worse.

Was hoping to have had good news before the weekend.
    You have. You're blood tests are normal.

These tests would have checked for anaemia, indicators of inflammation, vitamin and mineral deficiencies - all of which are indicators of Crohn's..

There is no evidence of Crohn's in those tests.

The alternative is that your bloods would have come back with some (or all) of the above and your anxiety would now be stratospheric..

The reason you have no appetite is because you are severally anxious. The digestive system shuts down during fight or flight (which you are constantly in) so you need to try and eat smaller meals or have Complans. It is important to try and eat something as not doing so makes anxiety much worse. I was retching up all the time when my HA anxiety was bad but I had Complans or forced food down me..

Another reminder...

I don't know whether or not to go for my blood tests today. I'd imagine they will be all over the shop with how bad my diet has been over the last week or so.
    And yet they're fine. But it can be hard to accept normal tests when we feel so ill (and anxiety can make us feel like we're 'dying')

Your body is a wonderful machine and every second of the day (and night) it is working hard to protect you. Problem is that you don't understand (or appreciate) this..

Look what your imagination is doing to you..

The next thing is the FIT test result and when (as I am expecting) it comes back clear, what then? Will you finally say, 'ENOUGH!' and go all out to conquer your HA?

Or will you carry on as you are, racking up the pages on this thread with the same narrative?

Page 145 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast

Thread Information