Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Various Health Fears

Back again........

As the title says, I’ve got a problem with achey legs at the moment, along with sore knees when going up stairs.

We went on holiday last week, did lots of walking, chasing after kids etc. Went out every morning in the cold weather to walk the dog, sometimes in shorts which wasn’t the brightest idea. Middle of the week my legs felt quite achey and knees began feeling very stiff and sore.

ive had the knee issues for a few years and they usually get worse after intense excercise like football, but don’t know why they’re hurting now. Sometimes the pain dissapears for a while.

Concerned that my legs are still achy, and worried what if it’s fluid retention. I compared my legs with a photo from 3 years ago and they look a bit wider around the calves/bottom half of my leg. I also wore some tighter socks before a walk last week and they left a visible dent above my right ankle. I know I had my legs checked a few months ago, but what if they are just getting worse?

Unfortunately I have put weight on recently, so I’m the heaviest I’ve been for 10+ years. Not overweight though.

I had the flu jab 10 days ago, but don’t think that could explain the aches.

Has anyone had aches like this from anxiety? I’m trying not to spiral into the rare, weird and wonderful diseases, but I’m a tad worried about Rheumatoid Athritis.

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

Anxiety often makes joints ache, you know this.
    Socks often leave a line, you know this too.
    So, now what will help?

Well I've started taking glucosamine and chondroitin for my joint aches. I was advised to take these before by a therapist but thought they were too expensive! Bitten the bullet now though, and Holland and Barrett had a penny sale on so got a few bottles.

Also bought some bath salts to help with the muscle aches and tension.

Need to try and lose weight as well, because I don't like being heavier than what I normally am.

Has anyone had success with glucosamine and chondroitin for joints? I'm also taking turmeric.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 05-11-19 at 14:21.

Right leg has been atrocious today, very achey and uncomfortable, left is also not right. Very stiff and weak.

Why does this keep happening? I havent been feeling that stressed or anxious past few weeks yet here I am again hit by weird symptoms. MS, Thyroid, Peripheral artery disease all stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Why does this keep happening? I havent been feeling that stressed or anxious past few weeks yet here I am again....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Your anxiety has been a kin to the wildfires in California. There are acres of burning embers and you're still on high alert so....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You may be right FMP.

I've almost done a full circle now. It was around this time last year that my HA kicked off big style, and I had some strange leg sensations - maybe the same as now, where my right leg feels heavy, achy, tired with some tingling/temperature changes in my foot. The docs said it was some form of sciatica back then, but I worried about MS.

I can't help but worry again right now about these symptoms, they are almost identical today as they were a year ago. Recurring MS relapse perhaps? I find it hard to believe that I'd be suffering from the same sciatic problem as I did.

Unless this is psychosomatic because I've been obsessing with my legs for the past week........

What does everyone else think?

Almost certainly psychosomatic. Stay strong, Mr L, you've been doing amazingly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Almost certainly psychosomatic. Stay strong, Mr L, you've been doing amazingly.
    I wish that were true BI! My partner would certainly disagree with you!

The main difference between this time, and last year is that I'm not panicking about it. Don't get me wrong, I am worried about this, and p***ed off with more physical symptoms, but right now I'm not thinking of rushing to the docs.

P***ed off and concerned is a really good start! If you can make it to just being fed-up and annoyed with it, you'll be well on the way to acceptance.

So despite my leg issues I went ahead and did football training last night haven't played for 2 weeks. Strangely enough, my right leg is better today......maybe I managed to release a tight muscle or something?

Anyway, I have noticed another symptom within my body - clicking joints. Last night my shoulder clicked, then my hip, the my wrist then finally my ankle. Can anxiety cause such issues? Just wondering if anyone has had any similar goings on. I started taking the glucosamine and chondroitin supplement on the weekend, along with turmeric. My knees feel better, but could the clicking be an effect from the supplement?

I've suffered from so many different symptoms over the past 12 months I'm starting to wonder what if I have an underlying autoimmune disorder, something like rheumatoid athritis, lupus, CFS, something muscular......even MS etc.

Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information