Page 114 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Thanks for the replies all. I'm not a very strong person, as can be seen on here, so if I was diagnosed with Crohns I wouldnt be able to cope.
    I know two people who have Crohn's. I would be very surprised if you have it Mr Lurcher.. However, both people cope wonderfully with the disease..

Get a Calprotectin test done at your doctors. You shit into a tube, hand it back into reception, and then you'll know if you have Crohn's or not. Easily done. You'll know within a few days. I had to have this done to rule Crohn's out...

The thing is that you will leap on anything vaguely suggestive and turn it into a definite diagnosis of something you find terrifying.

The fact is that you've been discharged with a packet of antacids and told to go back to the GP if things don't improve...which is routine speak for "this is not an emergency"

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I know two people who have Crohn's. I would be very surprised if you have it Mr Lurcher.. However, both people cope wonderfully with the disease..

Get a Calprotectin test done at your doctors. You shit into a tube, hand it back into reception, and then you'll know if you have Crohn's or not. Easily done. You'll know within a few days. I had to have this done to rule Crohn's out...
    My son has a very high calprotectin level but doesn't have Crohn's though.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The thing is that you will leap on anything vaguely suggestive and turn it into a definite diagnosis of something you find terrifying.

The fact is that you've been discharged with a packet of antacids and told to go back to the GP if things don't improve...which is routine speak for "this is not an emergency"
    I know it may not be an emergency, but the slightly raised inflammation markers shows something isn't right in my body, and seeing that I've had stomach pain and diarrhea, it looks pretty obvious doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post

Yes I did a calprotectin test a few years ago when I was worried about Crohns, IBD, bowel cancer etc.

I know it may not be an emergency, but the slightly raised inflammation markers shows something isn't right in my body, and seeing that I've had stomach pain and diarrhea, it looks pretty obvious doesn't it?
    It doesn't look obvious to anyone who doesn't have gallopong HA.

So I dont know whats going on now. I havent needed to go toilet since this time yesterday, but I havent eaten anything properly for over 48 hours. Stomach pains have subsided for now.

My daughter has got diarrhea now, been twice today and yesterday. But not complaining of any stomach aches or pains.

Would a stomach bug, if yhats what Ive got cause those blood results?

Most people with a bout of diarrhoea and a temperature not considered high would not have their calprotectin tested at such an early stage. The more tests you seek the more "discrepancies" you will leap on and "research" to ensure that your self-diagnosis matches your morbid prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It doesn't look obvious to anyone who doesn't have gallopong HA.
    Gallopong HA!! Great expression for bowel HA!!

So I dont know whats going on now. I havent needed to go toilet since this time yesterday, but I havent eaten anything properly for over 48 hours. Stomach pains have subsided for now.

My daughter has got diarrhea now, been twice today and yesterday. But not complaining of any stomach aches or pains.

Would a stomach bug, if yhats what Ive got cause those blood results?
    If you have diarrhea its normal to then not go. I went to the ER this week with terrible stomach pains. Guess what? It was reflux and told to take antacids, no big deal. I had ofd blood work then too. Turns out I was fine. I came home and rested.

You are again looking for something that isnt there.

Page 114 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast

Thread Information