Page 53 of 187 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Thanks for the replies last week, after using the ointment it's cleared up now.

But I'm in a tizz again about my back pain. I've had this pain on a certain section of my spine for almost 6 months. I think perhaps another trip to the doctor is needed, but I'm getting worried that it's still there.

You know you’re guilty of seeking reassurance and then disappearing? I replied to you last week and you ignored it until you had the next worry. I’m not going to reassure you this time, sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You know you’re guilty of seeking reassurance and then disappearing? I replied to you last week and you ignored it until you had the next worry. I’m not going to reassure you this time, sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, I know I do it at times, and understand it's frustrating for people. I've left helpful replies myself for a few people (not near as often as I get in return) and do feel frustrated with no acknowledgement. Apologies, I don't mean to take advantage of people's goodness.

I know you don’t mean to, but it’s a pattern that maybe you should think about. What do you get out of posting here? If it’s just reassurance then we’re just fuelling your anxiety fire, and that’s not necessarily a good thing.

I hope you know that I don’t say any of this from a bad place.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post

But I'm in a tizz again about my back pain. I've had this pain on a certain section of my spine for almost 6 months. I think perhaps another trip to the doctor is needed, but I'm getting worried that it's still there.
    Hi Mr Lurcher, how old are you cocker? Only I'm in my 50s and my spine is wrecked. I've been scanned on all three parts of the spine and I'm sick of hearing the words. 'Degeneration, wear and tear, you're knackered love' etc. All those years of manual labour are coming back to haunt me. When I was a teenager, I worked in the pottery industry heaving massive lumps of wet clay around - the large size that blokes were usually assigned to do. I'm 5ft nowt so this was never going to end well was it? Worse? I laboured for 6 foot blokes who were built like shithouses and who stood there taking a baked plate off a mold. I know right? I have a bit of nerve impingement as well - but it's basically an age thing. My lower back cops for the worst of it - that and my neck where there's arthritis, and it sounds like I'm rattling a packet of Quavers when I turn to the side. Do yourself a favour and buy a heatpad. I wouldn't be without mine. Actually, I have two. Also a cool pad.

Another favour? How much time do you spend hunched over a laptop Googling your symptoms? That'll give you back ache, for sure.

Mr L's just a young lad in his thirties, Nora! I reckon he's suffering from Repetitive Googling Injury as you suggest!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Mr L's just a young lad in his thirties, Nora! I reckon he's suffering from Repetitive Googling Injury as you suggest!
    Yeah, 30's in generally the age of decline. Mine started much earlier - like when I was 5.

Hi all, sorry for the slow reply. Yesterday was a bit of a mad day and didn't get much time to jump on here - I guess that's a good thing?

Yeah I do post on here for reassurance mainly, I may as well be honest with it. Sometimes I'm not THAT worried about something, and it's nice to talk to people who share health worries.

I'm at the grand old age of 34 now. Regarding a heatpad Nora, we do have microwavable 'hot water bottles' - I assume that's the same thing?

Yesterday I also bought a new mattress for the bed frame in the spare bedroom. Like I said before, I do have a habit of falling asleep on the sofa. My partner goes to bed quite early as she's up at 6, and she gets pretty annoyed when I clamber in at 12/1am. Also the kids still have a habit of coming into the main bed. Or, sometimes I'd just go into the spare bedroom which has a bed with a kids' mattress on. Both probably completely bad for my back I suppose. So at least now I've got two 'proper' sleeping places - our main bed or a proper bed in the spare bedroom. This is all a bit dysfunctional I know, and there are probably some people judging saying the kids should never come into the main bed!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I'm at the grand old age of 34 now. Regarding a heatpad Nora, we do have microwavable 'hot water bottles' - I assume that's the same thing?
    34? You're still a baby! But it does generally start to go downhill from here...

My heatpad is similar to the microwave thingy only it's electric so the heat is constant and on a timer. I would wear my kitchen floor (and microwave) out otherwise because I have to use mine so much..

No judgement here, I’m currently squished in the middle of the bed between OH and 7yo.

Page 53 of 187 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread Information