Page 166 of 187 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Hi Nora, thanks again for a lengthy reply.

Ok, I know I may not make much sense. But I'm petrified of having a colonoscopy, and if there alternatives - scans, virtual colonoscopy, pill cam etc, then I'd rather go for those. I'm a wimp unfortunately.

I don't want blood tests or more stool tests because the waiting is horrendus. I'd rather go for a test that can give you results quicker - I know a colonoscopy can do that too, but I'm scared of the procedure.

I really do think my symptoms warrant more investigations now. I'm having some really odd bowel movements, different to before, and I'm still getting the bright yellow liquid when wiping on occasions. It'll be two weeks this weekend since these symptoms started and they haven't got better at all. An IBS website states a change of symptoms as a red flag, which is what this is, and also the pain and bloating has kept me up for a few nights which is another red flag. I've also lost weight again during the last two weeks, another red flag.

Does anyone else's IBS symptoms change from flare up to flare up? Everything I've read said they shouldn't. Even my mums cousin who's had it for 30 years said here flares are all the same and following certain foods.

I know you're all trying really hard to help me here, but I think I need to be investigated further. I know HA clouds judgement, but I think I know my body reasonably ok, and I feel there's something very wrong this time.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 12-08-22 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Ok, I know I may not make much sense. But I'm petrified of having a colonoscopy, and if there alternatives - scans, virtual colonoscopy, pill cam etc, then I'd rather go for those. I'm a wimp unfortunately.

I don't want blood tests or more stool tests because the waiting is horrendus. I'd rather go for a test that can give you results quicker - I know a colonoscopy can do that too, but I'm scared of the procedure.
    How about you imagine being told that there's nothing wrong with you? Or that there is an issue that is treatable/manageable and you will lead a normal life?

For what it's worth, I enjoyed my colonoscopy. In fact, if a Dr was to come at me with bum cam and a pair of those kinky paper shorts with the hole in the back right this minute, I'd say 'Hell yes!' (but with sedation and a credentials check, obvs)

I really do think my symptoms warrant more investigations now. I'm having some really odd bowel movements, different to before, and I'm still getting the bright yellow liquid when wiping on occasions. It'll be two weeks this weekend since these symptoms started and they haven't got better at all. An IBS website states a change of symptoms as a red flag, which is what this is, and also the pain and bloating has kept me up for a few nights which is another red flag. I've also lost weight again during the last two weeks, another red flag.
    This is classic HA symptom dumping/reassurance seeking behaviour and I am going to pass on the play. It's not helping you to control your anxiety..

I know you're all trying really hard to help me here, but I think I need to be investigated further. I know HA clouds judgement, but I think I know my body reasonably ok, and I feel there's something very wrong this time.
    HA doesn't 'cloud' judgement, it obliterates rationality and common sense. It makes dickheads out of the most intelligent of people. It has them crying in front of emergency doctors, parents, children and partners. HA has them shaving off bits of hair to send off to labs for testing (and for extortionate amounts of money for almost no accuracy) and it has them on their hands and knees poking through their own shit. Some desperado's will post piccies of their bits to strangers on forums. (I still haven't gotten over seeing that willy while I was eating my cornflakes) HA has people begging to be sectioned so they can be medicated out of their minds. They use the word, 'but' a lot and also, 'this time'. They profess to 'know' their own bodies when they don't even understand the stress response or how it affects every part of the human body and how it is absolutely responsible for all of the symptoms they are experiencing and they refuse to accept that anxiety can make them feel this shit..

HA will take you to breaking point and then some. It won't stop until you decide to jump back into the drivers seat and take control, and even then it will try to take the wheel back time and time again. The first step is deciding you're going to take control back and wanting this with every ounce of your being. I'm talking you do this no matter what, end of. Disease or no disease. This fear stops here, not you making half-hearted statements to placate those around you. (or us) You have to want to get better and not give yourself no for an answer.

On this forum, you are getting the best advice and information from people who have experienced the very worst of HA and who've got themselves into a better place by working their @rses off. You are a fool to ignore them and an even bigger fool if you think that there is a quick fix to all of this. There isn't. There's only graft and determination for months and years - maybe for the rest of your life - and all I am seeing from you is the determination to remain as you are and to fuel the whole thing with your dramatic narrative where the words almost leap from the screen with a sense of something like satisfaction? I sometimes get the feeling that you would be getting out the party poppers if they ever did diagnose you with a disease, you get me? Maybe I'm reading this all wrong? I don't know. I can only go on what I see, and only you know what's going on in your head, right?

Bottom line: Do the work or stay as you are.

P.S, if you think my words are harsh, it's nothing to what I've told myself during my many self-conversations. (and I was very sweary!)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    HA doesn't 'cloud' judgement, it obliterates rationality and common sense. It makes dickheads out of the most intelligent of people. It has them crying in front of emergency doctors, parents, children and partners. HA has them shaving off bits of hair to send off to labs for testing (and for extortionate amounts of money for almost no accuracy) and it has them on their hands and knees poking through their own shit. Some desperado's will post piccies of their bits to strangers on forums. (I still haven't gotten over seeing that willy while I was eating my cornflakes) HA has people begging to be sectioned so they can be medicated out of their minds. They use the word, 'but' a lot and also, 'this time'. They profess to 'know' their own bodies when they don't even understand the stress response or how it affects every part of the human body and how it is absolutely responsible for all of the symptoms they are experiencing and they refuse to accept that anxiety can make them feel this shit..

HA will take you to breaking point and then some. It won't stop until you decide to jump back into the drivers seat and take control, and even then it will try to take the wheel back time and time again. The first step is deciding you're going to take control back and wanting this with every ounce of your being. I'm talking you do this no matter what, end of. Disease or no disease. This fear stops here, not you making half-hearted statements to placate those around you. (or us) You have to want to get better and not give yourself no for an answer.

On this forum, you are getting the best advice and information from people who have experienced the very worst of HA and who've got themselves into a better place by working their @rses off. You are a fool to ignore them and an even bigger fool if you think that there is a quick fix to all of this. There isn't. There's only graft and determination for months and years - maybe for the rest of your life - and all I am seeing from you is the determination to remain as you are and to fuel the whole thing with your dramatic narrative where the words almost leap from the screen with a sense of something like satisfaction? I sometimes get the feeling that you would be getting out the party poppers if they ever did diagnose you with a disease, you get me? Maybe I'm reading this all wrong? I don't know. I can only go on what I see, and only you know what's going on in your head, right?

Bottom line: Do the work or stay as you are.
    Spot on! I've said as much on this and other perpetual threads and its quite apparent the 'stay as you are' option isn't working out too well

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well stated, Nora. Mr. L, nobody here has reassured you, nor have your recent normal results from the doctor. My advice is to spend more time doing what advice you’ve received from therapy, STOP seeking answers from other forums and googling by posting your symptoms. Honestly nobody on the internet can tell you what your symptoms mean. Horror stories are not helping. I’m guilty of seeking reassurance but I snap myself back into reality within a few hours. Working to get better still.

Why don't you just go to the doctor and ask for all these tests then and be done with it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why don't you just go to the doctor and ask for all these tests then and be done with it?
    Yes this.
    You spend so much time being afraid, you may as well just be afraid and waiting for tests too.

I have reached me limit, so I will bow out for a while.

You'll actually feel better doing something about your digestive system rather than telling us why you don't want to do anything yet persisting in finding reasons why you have a terrifying illness. Be proactive and ask for a colonoscopy. All you will do whilst waiting for it is what you're doing now..Googling and terrifying yourself quite voluntarily.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I agree. Plus, from what I understand a colonoscopy is the gold standard to test for IBD. That’s what my GI doctor told me as it was one thing I was worried about before I got my last colonoscopy. I got one because of blood though. It’s not because I asked for one. Turns out all I had was IBS and piles.

Any decent GP would not refer for colonoscopy in the absence of any medical symptoms which would warrant one..Maybe you've already been told this, Mr L?

Hi all,

My epigastric pain, under my ribs / stomach area have subsided today, so I'm feeling better about that.

Maybe I will ask to be referred on Monday, I'm still concerned about this recent flare, along with weight loss the past two weeks from being unable to eat properly. I would like to have the pill cam if possible.

When I spoke to the GP last Friday about getting referred to a dietician or gastro for IBS help, he said he could write to see if they'll see me but to be prepared as the wait is very long.

Page 166 of 187 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast

Thread Information