Page 102 of 187 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

I don't get occular migraines, but with the migraines I get I often get nausea and even throw up.

Hang on in there Mr L, BI knows what's she's talking about.

There are a lot of health fears that people have. Some of the most common ones are fear of cancer, fear of getting sick, fear of death, and fear of being in pain. These fears can be very paralyzing and can keep people from living their lives to the fullest. It is important to remember that these fears are not rational and that there is no guarantee that any of these things will happen to you.

How's your daughter doing, MrL?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How's your daughter doing, MrL?
    She's coming along well I think. She's back eating and playing as normal, and I think her colour is almost all back. She's got blood tests again this Wednesday, but they had come down a lot 2 weeks ago, so hopefully back o normal-ish now.

However I've still been noticing bits of undigested foods in her poo. Like last night, after she'd been there were bits of tomato skin on top of the water, and I've also noticed some other bits floating on the water - orange pith (I think) and blueberry skin. I'm trying not to over think it, because I get that sometimes as well, but it's hard not to worry after seeing what she's gone through.

That's really good news. It must be great seeing her happy like that?

I think skins are harder to digest anyway. Reduced transit time can mean we see things. Things like seeds can often be seen too.

So you are still inspecting her poo? Does she ask you to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's really good news. It must be great seeing her happy like that?

I think skins are harder to digest anyway. Reduced transit time can mean we see things. Things like seeds can often be seen too.
    Yeah it's been great seeing her back to normal. She has however had a phlegmy cough the past few days so I'm getting a bit concerned now. What if she has an underlying illness and this is a second infection.

She had her repeat bloods today and they struggled to get the blood out of her. That happened last time as well, so I'm also thinking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So you are still inspecting her poo? Does she ask you to do this?

Only occasionally, and I don't make a point of it. I just glance in if I'm getting something from the bathroom.

It could also just be something like a cold. If you are talking to the doctors you could mention it and they may think it's nothing or explain if it could be just part of her immune system working whilst she is still getting better.

If this illness had been about her lungs it would be sensible to question symptoms like this with a doctor but her condition never presented with symptoms like this. So maybe it's just unrelated and one of the many little coughs & colds we get as kids?

Maybe the vitamin k is still causing the isdue with bloods? They doubt sound concerned though from what you've been saying.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cough -- phlegmy cough sounds like a normal 4 yo thing. I am so glad that she feels better overall.

As for undigested tomato skins -- as an adult I still can't fully digest tomato skins if I eat a lot of tomato in one sitting
    And occasionally it happens with blueberries too, but with the blueberries it seems to be more of an incomplete chewing issue
    They also sometimes come out of my kid as recognizable blueberries, and before anyone accuses me of poop inspecting, with nappies it's hard NOT to look!

So I wouldn't worry too much about that either, you've picked two things which are notorious for "coming out as they went in."

All my best to you and your family

Page 102 of 187 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast

Thread Information