Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

I wouldn't dare "accuse" you, kylliki!! I think Mr L knows that I always challenge some of his more HA-friendly behaviours though!

I think you must expect to struggle a bit when she has her bloods done though, Mr L. If this needs to go on for the foreseeable I think it will become easier and a bit more "routine" for you.

I'm sorry, Pulisa, that came out stronger than intended. Actually, on reflection.... I think I am just hoping we can get my kid potty trained soon so I stop dealing with nappies!!
    It's even worse because he really likes both the foods that have poor Mr L going at the moment.... and they do often come out as they go in!!

I need to add my bit to the ocular migraines. I have had 2 in a row if I didn’t heed the warning of my 1st one. So eg mine were glare related & if I got one while looking at a screen & didn’t look away until it went, then I’d get another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post
    I'm sorry, Pulisa, that came out stronger than intended. Actually, on reflection.... I think I am just hoping we can get my kid potty trained soon so I stop dealing with nappies!!
    It's even worse because he really likes both the foods that have poor Mr L going at the moment.... and they do often come out as they go in!!
    Don't they just!! As does sweetcorn! No need to apologise, kyllikki. I'm a great advocate of the Flush and Go Brigade when it comes to poo inspection in the toilet bowl (or worse) but with nappies it's in yer face so no escape!! How old is your little one?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Don't they just!! As does sweetcorn! No need to apologise, kyllikki. I'm a great advocate of the Flush and Go Brigade when it comes to poo inspection in the toilet bowl (or worse) but with nappies it's in yer face so no escape!! How old is your little one?
    Yes, flush and go is the only way to go! My little is almost 3 and we're working on the potty training; at the moment there's some confusion about what "going to poop" feels like relative to "going to pass wind."

Of cpurse as someone with HA I am trying to be very careful not to have my kid obsess over bodily sensations from the word "go," but this is one distinction which seems useful in life!!

But I really feel for Mr L as 99% of the time the sort of thing that happened to his little really just is a passing stomach bug and nothing more comes of it. Which is why I want him to know that my perfectly normal kid also has the occasional tomato skin and blueberry thing, too! And corn, as you said. and beans. My gosh am I ready to be done dealing with it

(Come to think of it, Mr L, my kid puked a few times and had no appetite for a week right about the same time yours did. Was even very pale for a day or two. I didn't have time to worry two much because exactly 48 hours later like clockwork we got it too and it was the utter worst; knocked me out worse than food poisoning last year. We're on different sides of the Atlantic but I wonder if it's something going around this year...)

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post
    Yes, flush and go is the only way to go! My little is almost 3 and we're working on the potty training; at the moment there's some confusion about what "going to poop" feels like relative to "going to pass wind."
    Many of we men still struggle with that one as grown ups

#ShartAlert

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on until now. My partner saw that I'd been obsessing online about our daughters' health and in turn making her worried, so I said I won't google and post on forums for a while.

Thanks for the kind words and reassurance from a lot of you regarding my daughters' cough and bowels. She is still getting better, and started back in school full time last week. Anotehr set of bloods this Friday - we hope they continue to show improvement, or even better, back to normal. Although I have warned my partner that even if they are, they will probably still monitor her for a bit more.

Now.......and I can't believe we have something else to worry about as a family, but my brother has been experiencing some odd symptoms over the past week. He had a bought of nausea and a temperature on Tuesday / Wednesday, then went sick a few times, followed by a few boughts of watery diarrhea. He has been ok-ish since, but according to him he has light / pale stools, and feels really bloated. He also had a few days where his urine was dark yellow. He rang me today for advice, but he will probably go to the doctor tomorrow. He's not one to ring me often or worry, so the fact he's a bit concerned, makes me very concerned. I didn't want to scare him, but these symptoms can be related to the pancreas and liver.........seriously life, what the f*ck is going on. I feel ill with worry after what happened to my dad and uncle......surely he hasn't got soemthing similar?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 20-03-22 at 14:01.

I’m glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Thank you for letting us know, I’ve been thinking about her.

I say this with a lot of empathy, but we literally only see you here when you have a problem that needs reassurance. Do you recognise this pattern in yourself?
    Did you get help for your anxiety? I remember that you were trying to when your daughter was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I say this with a lot of empathy, but we literally only see you here when you have a problem that needs reassurance. Do you recognise this pattern in yourself?
    Did you get help for your anxiety? I remember that you were trying to when your daughter was ill.
    Definitely an obvious pattern.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 103 of 187 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast

Thread Information