Page 104 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’m glad to hear your daughter is doing better. Thank you for letting us know, I’ve been thinking about her.

I say this with a lot of empathy, but we literally only see you here when you have a problem that needs reassurance. Do you recognise this pattern in yourself?
    Did you get help for your anxiety? I remember that you were trying to when your daughter was ill.
    No I didn't, I got in touch with a few private therapists, but I just can't afford £50+ for weekly sessions right now. The doctor suggested CBT (again), and I said that I'm not sure that's helpful to me having previously been before. Apart from medication, they couldn't offer anything else so I have been at a loose end.

I have commented on a few other posts, trying to help some, however I am under no illusion that I'm any where near as helpful as other members on here.

There are many links here for self help. In fact, I've used them myself after I joined the site. The key is utilizing them and practicing and applying the techniques habitually to ingrain them in our mindsets to move be able to move forward than through the negativity.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    No I didn't, I got in touch with a few private therapists, but I just can't afford £50+ for weekly sessions right now. The doctor suggested CBT (again), and I said that I'm not sure that's helpful to me having previously been before. Apart from medication, they couldn't offer anything else so I have been at a loose end.

I have commented on a few other posts, trying to help some, however I am under no illusion that I'm any where near as helpful as other members on here.
    What was your response to medication, or are you already on it?

You can self refer for talking therapy and the therapists will triage you instead of your doctor.

I’m not saying you need to reply to all the posts, you’re a very kind man who has been through a lot, and I would just like you to be able to access the help you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    What was your response to medication, or are you already on it?

You can self refer for talking therapy and the therapists will triage you instead of your doctor.

I’m not saying you need to reply to all the posts, you’re a very kind man who has been through a lot, and I would just like you to be able to access the help you deserve.
    I don't want to take medication unless I end up completely loopy. I have done lots of research on it, and I think I've explained on here a while ago. My dad had a very adverse reaction to anti-depressants when I was 16, and he was sectioned and stayed in a mental health hospital for around 8 months, then again 2 years later. He was on depakote and seraquel for the rest of his life, and I've read lots of resources how such strong medication can affect the liver. I'm not saying his medication caused his cancer, but there was nothing else in his lifestyle that could have caused such bad cirrhosis on his liver, and ultimately, the cancer.

Sorry, I'm not sure I quite understand. Do you mean talking therapy through the NHS?? I haven't really been made aware of anything like that, maybe it's different here in Wales?

There is a county counselling venture, which is charity led. I have used that in the past, but the waiting list is long. Perhaps I'll just self refer to that again, I'm not sure.

I think I'm more of a pain in the a** than a kind man!!

F*ck sakes, I've really had enough of life now.

Past two nights my eldest daughter has been sick not long after going to bed and falling asleep. And not a little, a lot, including what she ate for lunch. Last night she went sick 3 times and she's just started again tonight. This doesn't make sense, she has had episodes in the past where she's gone sick while alseep then being fine, but never two nights in a row. Last time I looked this up there were things like gastroparesis, especially because of the indigested food, and also things like brain tumour because of the pressure on the brain when lying down.

I'm just here to vent because I'm fed up of things going on in our lives, and I'm constantly worried bout our daughters' health these days.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 03-04-22 at 22:41.

and also things like brain tumour because of the pressure on the brain when lying down.
    Problem is that you don't think that a brain tumour would be having an effect on her in the daytime. My FIL had a brain tumour and he was falling over all the time and walking (and talking) like he was pissed. Feeling (or being) sick as the only symptom is highly unlikely. The brain/spine is the control centre of the body so, depending on where a tumour is situated there would be several symptoms which would presumably be experienced most of the time because tumours grow and keep growing until there's medical intervention, right?

What you're describing sounds a lot like my husband when his acid reflux is bad. He throws up at night too, but there are hundreds of things this could be (like food intolerances and gastro issues like IBS) before you get into the highly unlikely territory of brain tumours..

Trying to diagnose your daughter via Dr Google will only end one way - with you hurtling down that rabbit hole. Or remaining there..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Problem is that you don't think that a brain tumour would be having an effect on her in the daytime. My FIL had a brain tumour and he was falling over all the time and walking (and talking) like he was pissed. Feeling (or being) sick as the only symptom is highly unlikely. The brain/spine is the control centre of the body so, depending on where a tumour is situated there would be several symptoms which would presumably be experienced most of the time because tumours grow and keep growing until there's medical intervention, right?

What you're describing sounds a lot like my husband when his acid reflux is bad. He throws up at night too, but there are hundreds of things this could be (like food intolerances and gastro issues like IBS) before you get into the highly unlikely territory of brain tumours..

Trying to diagnose your daughter via Dr Google will only end one way - with you hurtling down that rabbit hole. Or remaining there..
    Thanks Nora.

The problem is that I've read on mumsnet where two people have said their child or a friend has been diagnosed with a brain tumour after only presenting with vomiting only, night times or mornings.

When you are worrying about your daughters' health do you have symptoms yourself or is your attention entirely focused on them now?

When you wrote about gastroparesis and brain tumours did you hope that people would reply with additional info about these conditions which could give you more food for thought/reasons for monitoring them?

What happened to your dad and uncle was tragic but you can't let their diagnoses dictate your responses to general routine illness which are so much a part of children's lives.I can understand why you are fed up with being offered CBT and don't want to take meds but your dad had bipolar so would respond very badly to antidepressants and I presume no doctor has ever suggested antipsychotics for you?

Would you consider NHS talking therapy without the CBT "label" just to talk about what has happened in your family and how it affects you so profoundly? Also about your self-confessed morbid fascination with illness and resisting the compulsion to feed the toxic habit?

Thanks Nora.

The problem is that I've read on mumsnet where two people have said their child or a friend has been diagnosed with a brain tumour after only presenting with vomiting only, night times or mornings.
    Mumsnet? Come on, Mr L..You're scraping the barrel here re your health "resources"..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    When you are worrying about your daughters' health do you have symptoms yourself or is your attention entirely focused on them now?

When you wrote about gastroparesis and brain tumours did you hope that people would reply with additional info about these conditions which could give you more food for thought/reasons for monitoring them?

What happened to your dad and uncle was tragic but you can't let their diagnoses dictate your responses to general routine illness which are so much a part of children's lives.I can understand why you are fed up with being offered CBT and don't want to take meds but your dad had bipolar so would respond very badly to antidepressants and I presume no doctor has ever suggested antipsychotics for you?

Would you consider NHS talking therapy without the CBT "label" just to talk about what has happened in your family and how it affects you so profoundly? Also about your self-confessed morbid fascination with illness and resisting the compulsion to feed the toxic habit?
    Thanks Pulisa.

No symptoms myself, all my worries have been focused on them now. I am jumping at everything to do with them these days.

I was hoping people would reply with experiences of having a child with similar symptoms which turned out to be nothing - so reassurance seeking again I suppose. No, doctors haven't suggested antipsychotics. The medications I've been offered, well one actually prescribed was citalopram and sertraline. I didn't take them, and felt bad for wasting NHS money.

I'm going to self refer to the charity county counselling service that I mentioned earlier in the thread, the waiting list is usually long, but I need to try something.

Page 104 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast

Thread Information