Page 111 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Good. I'd tell him just what you think and why you believe that you are seriously ill. Then he can assess you thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good. I'd tell him just what you think and why you believe that you are seriously ill. Then he can assess you thoroughly.
    What else benign or mild could this be though? Nausea to the point of being unable to eat is pretty serious, and it's giving me flashbacks of seeing my uncle unable to eat when he was ill.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Nausea to the point of being unable to eat is pretty serious,
    It can be, yes. But the most likely reason (given your history on here) is that you're in fight or flight and the body doesn't want food. You're scaring yourself. This will trigger fight or flight.

and it's giving me flashbacks of seeing my uncle unable to eat when he was ill.
    My dad had cancer and he didn't lose as much weight as I did when I had my breakdown. I couldn't eat. I felt too sick. Sometimes I was sick.. 'SICK WITH FEAR'. 'SICK TO MY STOMACH'. You get me?

Given that you've said you're weeing a lot and feeling shivery, maybe have your GP test for a water infection? That's easily done. Pee in a tube. Doctor does the swirly with the dippy sticks and you get the result and appropriate medication..
    Last edited by NoraB; 20-05-22 at 09:40.

Yes I do read all replies on here. I know I have a history of worrying, just this is something new (again).

I have had episodes before where I couldn eat well from stress and worry - especially a few years ago leading up to my sigmoidoscopy. But this is coupled with nausea, stomach pain and a temperature.

The doctor just rang as their short staffed and only doing phone consultations for now. Said the symptoms don't sound serious, and could be post covid symptoms, or bad indigestion, or an IBS flare up. The only thing she would be concerned about is the mild temperature.

I did tell her what I was worried about, including my family history of cancer and she just said it's early days yet, and I'm only on my second day of symptoms so she wouldn't be doing anything yet.

Yes I do read all replies on here. I know I have a history of worrying, just this is something new (again).
    You're referring to the 'Do you bother reading replies?' which I later removed? This is because I have my dental hygiene app in a few hours. I'm nervous, (because I have fibro and the cleaning hurts me) and I can be snippy when I'm nervous. I didn't want to come across that way so I removed it. Apologies..

I have had episodes before where I couldn eat well from stress and worry - especially a few years ago leading up to my sigmoidoscopy. But this is coupled with nausea, stomach pain and a temperature.
    Nausea - which I've already mentioned is connected to anxiety. Stomach pain (IBS). Even the slight elevation in temperature can be explained by anxiety because anxiety increases metabolism and this can cause a change (albeit minor) in body temp..

The doctor just rang as their short staffed and only doing phone consultations for now. Said the symptoms don't sound serious
    So, what now?

No worries NoraB, I just wanted to reply to that to show that I read replies!

I don't know what now. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on myself and wait.

I could normally handle one of these symptoms, but the fact I've been feeling shivery, have a slight temp, stomach pain, increased normal pooing and feeling incredibly fatigued has pushed me over the edge.

I just feel so deflated. I've been working hard the past few weeks, ploughed on through covid, been exercising and eating better, then bam, I'm hit with this out of the blue.

No worries NoraB, I just wanted to reply to that to show that I read replies!

I don't know what now. I guess I will just have to keep an eye on myself and wait.
    If you can work on lowering your anxiety levels, you might be surprised at how better you feel?

I just feel so deflated. I've been working hard the past few weeks, ploughed on through covid, been exercising and eating better, then bam, I'm hit with this out of the blue.
    Nothing comes out of the blue Mr Lurcher...

My guess is that this is related to the covid and if you were pushing yourself to work, exercise etc at that time then I'm not surprised you've hit a wall. You have to take it easy and build back up again or your immune response struggles and you're more likely to pick up colds and stuff and you'll feel like shite generally..

Yeah maybe I was wrong to plough on through Covid and not rest at all.

Dont know if this is relevant , but my youngest has had an on/off temp earlier in the week, but she didnt have tummy issues.

No, no, no, no. I've just had a massive bought of runny diarrhea, like water. Exactly the same as over xmas. This has to be a Crohns flare up, this has happened twice now in 5 months, you don't catch bugs this quickly, and I haven't even been anywhere!!! Why is this happening to me!!??
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 20-05-22 at 13:13.

No, no, no, no. I've just had a massive bought of runny diarrhea, like water. Exactly the same as over xmas. This has to be a Crohns flare up, this has happened twice now in 5 months, you don't catch bugs this quickly, and I haven't even been anywhere!!! Why is this happening to me!!??
    This is meaty HA dialogue. (your brain is taking notice)

1. Have you been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease?

2. Yes, you do catch bugs this quickly when you're run down because you've been pushing yourself when your body needed to build back up gradually.

3. You don't need to have gone anywhere. People can bring bugs to you...

But also, normal bowel movement then the shits? Tummy pain? Stressed? Sounds remarkably like IBS to me..

Mr Lurcher, you're spiralling and all these thoughts are just feeding the condition...

You say your youngest has had a temperature on and off this week? Of course it's relevant. You live in the same house? Bugs present differently in different people. My lads only felt sick (or were sick) whereas I was sat on the loo with a sick bowl. Oh my God, the flashbacks.. My husband just said he had a bit of tummy ache (jammy git) and my son totally got away with the whole thing..

Page 111 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast

Thread Information