Page 124 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Thanks for the replies Nora and Pulisa.

I am feeling desperate right now, really fed up.

I've been listening to my hynptherapy tracks daily, but I don't know how much it's helping. This morning I've woken up feeling bloated, and also feel like I've got food in my throat or something. Nausea and burping lots. What the hell is going on?

I had my mind assessment yesterday morning, and will be speaking to them every Wednesday now. I have got some workbooks to get on with. I don't know what to take from this, but the lady I had the 1 to 1 with last week, and the guy over the phone both said I should think about medication before discounting them. I'm quite surprised by that, but maybe they're right and I'm wrong.

I am pretty freaked out right now though because these symptoms remind me a lot of my late uncle's first symptoms. Nausea, burping, bloating, acid-reflux. He'd been living on laxatives and Gaviscon in his months before his diagnosis. My body is behaving really oddly. I'm also feeling cold a lot too, and that's very unlike me - I wear shorts all year round, and now I'm feel chilly in June.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    This morning I've woken up feeling bloated, and also feel like I've got food in my throat or something. Nausea and burping lots. What the hell is going on?
    These are common symptoms for me and my IBS. I'm bloated now and on the peppermint tea!

I had my mind assessment yesterday morning, and will be speaking to them every Wednesday now. I have got some workbooks to get on with. I don't know what to take from this, but the lady I had the 1 to 1 with last week, and the guy over the phone both said I should think about medication before discounting them. I'm quite surprised by that, but maybe they're right and I'm wrong.
    Do you mean anxiety meds?

I am pretty freaked out right now though because these symptoms remind me a lot of my late uncle's first symptoms. Nausea, burping, bloating, acid-reflux. He'd been living on laxatives and Gaviscon in his months before his diagnosis. My body is behaving really oddly. I'm also feeling cold a lot too, and that's very unlike me - I wear shorts all year round, and now I'm feel chilly in June.
    My symptoms were a lot like MS, so much so that it had to be ruled out but I don't have MS. I have fibromyalgia - a non-life threatening condition..

The problem is that your uncle is always in the back of your mind. His symptoms are part of a bigger story which you may or may not be aware of. Your mind will either discount what doesn't fit or it will try to make it fit. Unfortunately, stress/anxiety causes a lot of digestive symptoms - all of which you have - but HA always goes with the worst (and least likely) case scenario..

I know someone who 'lived' on Gaviscon and antacids. He had every test under the sun. He had a breakdown because of these symptoms - utterly convinced of his impending death. When nothing was found to be wrong in his digestive system, it had to be his brain because he was feeling dizzy. Brain scans were clear. And so on and so on. And thirty years later, he's still here. No cancer. There never has been any cancer - just IBS and acid reflux because he's a stress head..

Thanks Nora.

Yes, sorry, I meant anxiety meds - or anti-depressants etc.

I really don't know what to do now. This is day 4 of these symptoms and they're not really getting better. My bowels feel full of wind as well, but nothing is coming out. I'm just thinking I should go to the docs to get some tests done again to rule out anything serious, but I know that just reinforces this mindset. But like Pulisa mentioned before, I don't know if I can cope with more tests right now.

Thanks Nora.

Yes, sorry, I meant anxiety meds - or anti-depressants etc.
    I'm of the opinion that meds are very useful when the level of anxiety is so severe that the person would struggle to engage with therapy without them. Meds alone cannot sort out HA but they can bring anxiety levels down to a workable level. Problem is that too many people get relief from their anxiety symptoms on the meds and they think that's the problem sorted - until they come off them and the shit hits the fan again..

My bowels feel full of wind as well, but nothing is coming out.
    As in, no wind? Or no poo?

I'm just thinking I should go to the docs to get some tests done again to rule out anything serious, but I know that just reinforces this mindset. But like Pulisa mentioned before, I don't know if I can cope with more tests right now.
    Pulisa is right, it does reinforce the HA thinking. It's not a good idea, Mr Lurcher..

Wind I think. I went to the toilet this morning, my usual mushy poo (sorry tmi), and since then I've been feeling bloated and like I need to fart, but nothing happens.

When I get these sort of flare ups, I stop eating, and my MIL insists that not eating will make my symptoms worse because my stomach and bowels will be empty and full of wind. I;m not sure about that. How can your bowels be full of wind if theres nothing there to produce wind?

Not eating absolutely makes IBS symptoms worse - think about it, your stomach acid has nothing to act upon because your body's not getting the chance to do what it's meant to.

Wind I think. I went to the toilet this morning, my usual mushy poo (sorry tmi), and since then I've been feeling bloated and like I need to fart, but nothing happens.
    In 2017 I can remember freaking out because I couldn't fart. I felt as if I wanted to (I felt gassy) but I couldn't despite contorting myself in all sorts of poistions to try and tempt one out.

Can't explain this one so I've put it down to IBS. My colon didn't know what hit it for a few years and I just think it couldn't be arsed sometimes lol. I don't think there is anything to worry about if you're passing stool and you clearly are..

When I get these sort of flare ups, I stop eating, and my MIL insists that not eating will make my symptoms worse because my stomach and bowels will be empty and full of wind. I;m not sure about that. How can your bowels be full of wind if theres nothing there to produce wind?
    MIL's right. When I get an IBS flare up, I ease up on spicy food and junk but I don't stop eating. I eat plainer and more easily digestible foods like soups.

Try some peppermint tea, that might help you rift the wind...

So I've heard back from a local hypnotherapist who lists IBS as one of his main specialities. But it's £70 per hour, and he said the first few sessions will be and hour and half - so that's £200. He advised weekly sessions for around 4-6 weeks, so that will be like £400-£500. I just can't afford such a huge amount of money right now, feeling pretty deflated as I had my hopes on this.

So I've heard back from a local hypnotherapist who lists IBS as one of his main specialities. But it's £70 per hour, and he said the first few sessions will be and hour and half - so that's £200. He advised weekly sessions for around 4-6 weeks, so that will be like £400-£500. I just can't afford such a huge amount of money right now, feeling pretty deflated as I had my hopes on this.
    Sorry Mr Lurcher but given your recent posts about feeling puffed up and windy I did have a chuckle at this...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sorry Mr Lurcher but given your recent posts about feeling puffed up and windy I did have a chuckle at this...
    I was thinking someone might pick that one up.................!

Does nothing I've written suggest there may be something a bit more sinister going on? This is a summary of what I've experienced

- 3 boughts of uncomfortable or painful bloating over the past 2 months.
    - Feeling nauseous and lacking an appetite when these boughts happen
    - Increased stool frequency when these boughts happen
    - Feelings of incomplete evacuation, still bloating after going to the toilet.
    - Mainly looser or mushy stools
    - Major fatigue - I struggle to get out bed in the morning, and I haven't helped with the kids and school run for a few weeks because of tiredness.

Does anyone get painful bloating and a sore stomach without things like diarrhea or constipation?

Page 124 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast

Thread Information