Page 144 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Oh, for goodness' sake! Do you not get bored with feeling so sorry for yourself?

I'm glad that she is looking out for you..and for her daughter. It can be a relief when someone else "takes charge" and makes decisions based on their own interpretation of the situation.

Just be open minded and see what the GP suggests? Even a short course of diazepam would help tide you over until you get your results.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I didnt ask for them. I went for the docs with concerns about my symptoms and wanted reassurance.
    My mistake, sorry.

But you do understand that when you present to your doctor with symptoms (visible ones or not) they are going to book tests? Doctors are good at what they do, for sure, and I do believe that a doctor will be confident that it's anxiety with you but they have to be sure or you could sue them. Also, people with your level of HA won't be satisfied with a verbal 'You're ok', right?

I've been trying to reassure myself that it's going to ok, but I googled hypochondria, waiting for test results, etc. And it came up with a cancer research uk thread about some guy who was going through lots of gastro issues, and had bad anxiety, worrying about cancer. Turns out he was diagnosed with IBD in the end! Typical, I had to read that!! That's a sign isn't it.
    No it isn't. You're being irrational..

And, you didn't 'have' to read that story; you chose to scare yourself.

As it is, I have literally just Googled 'Hypochondria' and the first thing it comes up with is what describes you (and historically, me); Health anxiety (hypochondria) is where you spend so much time worrying that you're ill, or about getting ill, that it takes over your life.

I'm on page four of the search and I have seen nothing about cancer or any other diseases. All I can see are pages upon pages of help with HA, or what HA is, or news stories about people with HA (and nothing else) but whose stories are remarkably like your own, so I'm thinking that you typed something other than Hypochondria into Google...

If I'm being too literal here, I apologise...

But I do know (from experience) that typing in any symptoms will drag out those scare stories....

I'm in a really, really bad way. Woke up trembling and sweating, and that hasn't gone away. I'm feeling light on my feet everytime I get up and walk. My heart is constantly racing. This is the worst I've ever felt with my anxiety.

I rang the surgery to say I'm panicking, mentally unstable and possibly need medication, and a doctor is ringing me between 2 and 3pm today.

If this is how am I waiting for test results, I don't know how I will react if they say my results are bad.

Life will carry on, and you'll deal with it.

This is the worst I've ever felt with my anxiety.
    Lets go back to 2019 on THIS THREAD..

I also worried about crohns again. Ive been to the toilet 3 times in 12 hours now, very loose amd watery. Getting cramping like pains across my abdomen as well, sometimes upper, sometimes left and the right. Like a squeezing cramping. Typical it was only a few days ago I started worrying about crohns again and the symptoms are here.
    I Feel like my body’s breaking down. Exahusted, pains in a few joints, fever and now stomach issues. Cant believe Im hit with so many things at once

This could really be crohns with all this going on. Worried beyond right now

I cant believe this, I was feeling much better yesterday. No diorrhea last night, ate a full meal for the first tine in 48 hours, however ive woken up at 2.30am with stonach cramps and feeling waves of nausea. This is crohns now isnt it? :-(

something seriously wrong with me this time. I just know it :-(

Literally three watery bowel movements!!! Im in serious trouble guys!

shaking with fear right now, but no one else seems concerned

ringing NHS 111, struggling right now

For gods sake, here we go again.......

After all the drama..

So basically my bowels have improved, and I don’t feel like ‘ill’ atm.

Panic over and rationality kicks in...

Yes I know, I look back on my bowel worries thread which had over 60 pages towards the end, and think I really don't want to get stuck into that again.

But you ARE STUCK INTO THIS AGAIN, Mr Lurcher, because you haven't made the effort to learn how to challenge your thoughts..And yes, I know that 'this time' it's different. (it always is...)

Last edited by NoraB; 24-06-22 at 13:02.

Nora, I do hope Mr L reads and understands the circle of his mental condition. It's a fine example of being in a catastrophic state. A gentle reminder of 'you've been here before' and you were ok, sometimes helps to put an issue into perspective.

I have to say again, not eating, skipping meals, will not help the situation.
    And Mr L, we were all sweating last night, it was hot!

Stool tests are not back yet.

But my bloods have all come back normal. I think I had a FBC, Liver Function, Ferratin, CRP, ESR, Coeliac, Kidney Function and something else.

However a lot of Crohn's people have normal bloods, so I'm still on edge waiting for the stool test. I've read on a few forums that even people with aggressive Crohn's had normal bloods and inflammation markers, but then had an abnormal stool test.

I'm not skipping meals on purpose, I've got no appetite at all.

Was hoping to have had good news before the weekend.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 24-06-22 at 16:14.

From experience, you need to force something down yourself. I used to be so terrified of job interviews that I wouldn't eat beforehand.

The one time I made myself eat something first, I got the job. You'll think much more clearly with food and drink inside you.

Page 144 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast

Thread Information