Page 146 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Thanks for the replies all. I've been mildly reassured by the bloods, but not a huge amount. Sorry Nora, it's not a FIT test, it's a calprotectin test I'm waiting on. That's the main one for me now as that's what usually picks up IBD.

I know Scass, everyone is running around, and I'm grateful, but really not proud of it all.

Really tried hard last night to think positively and, but my bowels are also a mess right now which is making me worry even more. Even though I'm hardly eating, they are still loose. Surely I should be constipated if I'm not eating a lot? I've also been getting new twinges and pains in my lower right abdomen area, and sometimes in my left. Maybe it's a sign that whatever's going on is getting worse?

Maybe it'd feel better if you took your head out from up your bum.

Interesting... I said as much as what's been said in the last several pages last week, even linked a previous thread that was quoted and got flack for it

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-06-22 at 12:59.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The less you eat, the softer the stool.
    The less you eat will cause twinges and pains in the stomach because it is empty!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Interesting... I said as much as what's been said in the last several pages last week, even linked a previous thread that was quoted and got flack for it

FMP
    We have all repeated ourselves at least 10 times on many of the threads here. We can only hope that one day, one of our posts will help. That’s why we keep on doing it FMP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Thanks for the replies all. I've been mildly reassured by the bloods, but not a huge amount. Sorry Nora, it's not a FIT test, it's a calprotectin test I'm waiting on. That's the main one for me now as that's what usually picks up IBD.
    Apologies.. (I think I had both done when I was having these issues)

Really tried hard last night to think positively and, but my bowels are also a mess right now which is making me worry even more.
    You're experiencing SEVERE anxiety. In terms of the stress response, your body is facing (or running from) the axe murderer, a grizzly bear - Freddie freakin Kruger. The gut contracts and we need to go for a shit and it's rarely a pleasurable poo with severe anxiety. Some people literally shit & piss themselves with fear - hence the terms that we all know (and use) in everyday life. Engaging the brain for a minute; how do you expect your bowels to be performing under this amount of stress?

I've also been getting new twinges and pains in my lower right abdomen area, and sometimes in my left. Maybe it's a sign that whatever's going on is getting worse?
    I'd be happy with a 'twinge'. I get full on vice-like gripping from front to back, cramps, and pains that make me have to draw my knees up to my chest and lie under a heat pad for hours on end..

We are all on repeat mode here, as are you..

Go and read those quotes from you I pulled up from 2019...

I know it's a similar narrative to what I went through in 2019, and occasionally since then.

But it's been different recently. A month ago I had a stomach ache, and a few episodes of diarrhoea in 24 hours and had some inflammation in my bloods. What could that have been apart from IBD?

Past few weeks I've also passed more mucus than usual on occasions, including passing a lot with wind one morning as well as passing mucus while trying to force something out last week. This freaked me out a lot, and I haven't heard of many other people experiencing something like this. I started taking Buscopan a lot a few weeks ago, and felt it clogs me up a lot.

I have now got occasional stitch like pains in my right and left bottom abdomen. I've never had these pains before either, and they woke me up last night despite going to bed feeling ok.

I've had some respite this weekend as theres nothing I can do about the results, however I've been feeling panicky again today about ringing up tomorrow to see if my stool result is back. I have an absolute ton of work to do for deadlines ending this week, and I'm behind on a lot of it. It's going to be a nightmare if the test comes back indicating IBD, and even more difficult for me to carry on with work with a diagnosis to contend with.

Thanks for listening and replying all. I know I am in a complete mess mentally, and being on the doorstep of a feared illness is something I can't deal with.

Okay, so, it isn't IBD, but your life would still carry on if it was.

I think you're hellbent on getting this IBD " life sentence" (your view of it) but I just wonder what you would think/do if your calprotectin was within the normal range? My son's was elevated and he doesn't have IBD. It's not a cut and dried thing anyway and your bloods are normal plus you have no red flag bowel symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think you're hellbent on getting this IBD " life sentence" (your view of it) but I just wonder what you would think/do if your calprotectin was within the normal range?
    I agree... the catastrophizing and negativity is literally oozing out of the screen. Just an inkling , all will be within normal ranges and we'll see a wash, rinse and repeat in the near future... UNLESS, the OP takes responsibility, action and works hard on his mental health.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-06-22 at 21:09.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 146 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast

Thread Information