Page 147 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I know it's a similar narrative to what I went through in 2019, and occasionally since then.

But it's been different recently. A month ago I had a stomach ache, and a few episodes of diarrhoea in 24 hours and had some inflammation in my bloods. What could that have been apart from IBD?
    A tummy bug. I had one several weeks ago. They've been doing the rounds. Most people don't go to A&E with a tummy bug but you did (have I got that right?) and they tested your blood when the bug was active (?) which is why there was slight inflammation (which is to be expected with any infection)

Past few weeks I've also passed more mucus than usual on occasions
    IBS.

including passing a lot with wind one morning as well as passing mucus while trying to force something out last week.
    IBS.

Tummy bugs are traumatic on the digestive system. Did you take a probiotic afterwards to get the good bacteria balanced again? (I'm guessing no)

This freaked me out a lot, and I haven't heard of many other people experiencing something like this.
    Talk to people who have IBS...

I have now got occasional stitch like pains in my right and left bottom abdomen. I've never had these pains before either, and they woke me up last night despite going to bed feeling ok.
    I have these (I don't have IBD)

I know I am in a complete mess mentally, and being on the doorstep of a feared illness is something I can't deal with.
    In that case you're also 'on the doorstep' of getting the all clear (again)
    Last edited by NoraB; 27-06-22 at 08:24.

I realise that you don't want to jinx yourself by expecting to get a normal result and only the path lab and your doctor can tell you definitely what your calprotectin level is on this particular stool sample. The danger will be that if you get a normal result you will suspect that maybe another stool sample would be a good idea as symptoms have continued and it could be that the high level will show up this time around etc etc. Or you will develop gastric discomfort and fear that the inflammation has spread and if it's not been IBD then it could be.......courtesy of Dr Google to decide?

I don't expect that you will give IBS the time of day because it's too "tame" for you but passing mucus is really common, having pain and loads of wind is very routine. When you have a tummy bug it really does have a big effect on existing IBS and can even trigger IBS in people who have never had it in the past. However..you are still in IBD mode so pointless for me to waffle on about IBS. Maybe you could consider reading up on it if you get reassuring news from the stool tests?

In the meantime why not see how your partner's bowel symptoms are? Catch up on your work? Whatever the results you have a family to support and having the work distraction could act in your favour.

Thanks for the replies both.

Someone from the Primary Mental Health Care team rang me today for a consultation, spent an hour over the phone discussing my issues, where I also broke down crying a few times. Told them that I'd had fleeting thoughts of suicide and feeling very anxious and low, the worst I've ever been. She said the only thing they could offer now was a 6 week stress course that starts locally in a few weeks, and put me on the list for therapy which has a 4 MONTH waiting list. I can't believe that's all they can offer.

I rang the GP this morning again because I wanted to ask about starting on half a tablet of Sertraline. He advised there wasnt much point. I also asked him about the stool test, and he said it still wasn't back. Told me to give it another WEEK before ringing again, because ringing every day will just make my anxiety worse. He tried to be reassuring by saying that the bloods were fine, and if there was inflammation that would show in the bloods. But lots of IBD sufferers have normal bloods but inflammation in the stools. I also asked him if I could just cancel them and he said that's not possible now.

This is absolute torture, and I don't know how I'm going to get through another week of this. Would private hospitals have quicker turnaround times for stool tests?

I don't why I'm posting on here anymore, I know that I'm just annoying everyone on here as well as my family. I know that people are just sick and tired of hearing this, and fed up of trying to help. I'm really sorry. I just need to be put out of my misery.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 27-06-22 at 14:56.

You are not annoying anyone Mr L.
    We reply to try and help you.
    The waiting list with the NHS is unfortunately a common practice and most people seek private sessions if they are desperate. It's expensive but needs must if you are in a bad place.
    The sertraline will be the lowest dose so taking half will have very little affect. I can understand your reluctance to take because of the trust you might have with the drug but it is a very common medication.
    Don't feel you can't come here if you are struggling Mr L.

I waited well over a year for therapy.
    In the meantime you could try reading up about methods to relieve anxiety instead of perceived illnesses you think you might have.

Listen to your dr, he’s the medical professional, not you.

When I was feeling rubbish Mr L, I paid for therapy (and still am), I also did the NHS CBT sessions too. I really feel that it's money well spent and even though it often doesn't feel like it's doing anything initially, it will help in the long run.

Woken up today to a huge panic about the future. Unfortunately I read a new thread on the colonoscopy section and been massively triggered.

I went to play a bit of golf with my brother last night, and then it dawned on me if I get diagnosed with something horrible that could be the last time I play golf with him for a long time.

I've also been having nightmares about a colonoscopy. I had a sigmoidoscopy 3 years ago, and hated it, and posted here that if I ever needed a colonoscopy I don't know how I'd manage it. Can you be put under anaesthetic for one? I don't think sedation will be enough for me.

I've decided I'm not going to ring the docs till Friday now about my stool test, because the doc said Monday they would ring if theres an issue - but I don't think they will. But I'm feeling on complete edge waiting for that phone to ring.

Sorry guys, just complete struggling again today.

Edit: Just had my weekly Mind session over the phone, and told him about the past week and my bowel worries, and he said he had IBS, and his mother has Crohns! Another potential warning sign for me! :-(
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 29-06-22 at 10:19.

Woken up today to a huge panic about the future. Unfortunately I read a new thread on the colonoscopy section and been massively triggered.

I went to play a bit of golf with my brother last night, and then it dawned on me if I get diagnosed with something horrible that could be the last time I play golf with him for a long time.

I've also been having nightmares about a colonoscopy. I had a sigmoidoscopy 3 years ago, and hated it, and posted here that if I ever needed a colonoscopy I don't know how I'd manage it. Can you be put under anaesthetic for one? I don't think sedation will be enough for me.

I've decided I'm not going to ring the docs till Friday now about my stool test, because the doc said Monday they would ring if theres an issue - but I don't think they will. But I'm feeling on complete edge waiting for that phone to ring.

Sorry guys, just complete struggling again today.

Edit: Just had my weekly Mind session over the phone, and told him about the past week and my bowel worries, and he said he had IBS, and his mother has Crohns! Another potential warning sign for me! :-(
    See there you go again. Going looking for information on an illness you don't have. Other people having an illness has not a damn thing to do with you.

My mother in law has IBS/crohns. She still lives a norma life.

Why?

Can't people with illnesses play golf?

I'd have a colonoscopy done TODAY, no problem.. Being off my tits while some random dude roots around my colon? What's not to love?

This is a highly confusing paragraph...

Oh my Lord...

It's not 'another sign'.

Did you ask how his mother deals her condition? And if it has brought her world to a grinding halt? Maybe she goes and plays bingo with the girls? (or golf?)

When you get the all clear on this latest HA episode, I think you have the potential for a career in script writing for Eastenders. You could TOTALLY nails those duff-duff moments!

Edited to add that I personally know two people with Crohn's and both lead normal lives. (one plays cricket and some golf)

Are you referring to the colonoscopy thread where you made this comment?

Can I ask why are you having one?
    I actually saw this and went to to tell you to stop but I got side tracked by other things..

You could have avoided the thread. You certainly didn't have to ask that question. Nobody has even told you that you need a colonoscopy. You asked this question knowing that the person would give you their symptoms. And in doing so you've made things worse for yourself but it's not their fault; it's yours. You sought this out and caused yourself additional (and unnecessary) anxiety..

Page 147 of 187 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast

Thread Information