Page 150 of 187 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Just rang - IT'S NORMAL!!!!

I hope the receptionist was right. Would she have made a mistake?? Shall I ring and ask to speak to a doc???

I'm not getting my hopes up yet, because I've been offered two jobs accidentally in the past year, so this could be a mistake. I'm used to being messed around.

Am I being ridiculous? I'm still shaking. I don't know if I can believe it without hearing it again.
    Yes i think on June 30th every year receptionists ring up patients and deliberately give them the wrong results. Just for a larf....

I'm very pleased, Mr L. I await your next health emergency but for the time being.....can you now take your foot off the HA accelerator just a tad?

(My prediction for the next thread....."I feel exhausted and worn out 24/7...I just knew that something had been missed last time..Just my luck..."

Please Nooooooooo!!

how are you celebrating Mr L?

Ha @BlueIris, I haven't heard anyone using Twonk in a while, laughed at that. We tend to use 'wonk' around here.

And yes @Pulisa, I will try my bestest to take the foot off the HA accelerator for now. I was counting the pages last night, and I've amassed 15 or so pages on this current worry alone. I'm also a bit embarrassed, because my family have seen how much I post on here and that this thread seems like one of the longest ones on the forum. I'm putting the accelerator on the recovery now, I rang the hypnotherapist 5 minutes after ringing the surgery. Need to put in some serious work.

I don't have much time to celebrate atm @Carn, got lots of sucking up to do first - I don't really deserve anything myself! Spend time with the family after wallowing for weeks, actually getting up earlier in the morning to help before the school run, clean the bathrooms, hoover, wash the cars, fold the washing etc etc....... However I may have a can or two of some pale ale tonight, and a takeaway tomorrow night.

Thanks for your help all, I really am very grateful. Hopefully there won't be anymore drama from me for a while. This has been exhausting.

(I've still got this niggle in my head about what if the doc signed it off by mistake or the receptionist said it was normal by mistake. I'm only thinking this because only 4 months ago I was offered a job, then had a call back to say it was an error. I find it hard to trust people)
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 30-06-22 at 18:50.

Congratulations, you have healthy poo.

Don’t expect to feel better overnight, but hopefully this is a new start for you.

Ha @BlueIris, I haven't heard anyone using Twonk in a while, laughed at that. We tend to use 'wonk' around here.

And yes @Pulisa, I will try my bestest to take the foot off the HA accelerator for now. I was counting the pages last night, and I've amassed 15 or so pages on this current worry alone. I'm also a bit embarrassed, because my family have seen how much I post on here and that this thread seems like one of the longest ones on the forum. I'm putting the accelerator on the recovery now, I rang the hypnotherapist 5 minutes after ringing the surgery. Need to put in some serious work.

I don't have much time to celebrate atm @Carn, got lots of sucking up to do first - I don't really deserve anything myself! Spend time with the family after wallowing for weeks, actually getting up earlier in the morning to help before the school run, clean the bathrooms, hoover, wash the cars, fold the washing etc etc....... However I may have a can or two of some pale ale tonight, and a takeaway tomorrow night.

Thanks for your help all, I really am very grateful. Hopefully there won't be anymore drama from me for a while. This has been exhausting.

(I've still got this niggle in my head about what if the doc signed it off by mistake or the receptionist said it was normal by mistake. I'm only thinking this because only 4 months ago I was offered a job, then had a call back to say it was an error. I find it hard to trust people)
    In anticipation of Takeawaygate you still have no inflammation regardless of the fallout from your celebration evening! Trust me..Although I'm not a doctor

I'm putting the accelerator on the recovery now, I rang the hypnotherapist 5 minutes after ringing the surgery. Need to put in some serious work.
    Easy to say, hard to do. This isn't over until you put the work in (and for the length of time required)

The 'niggle' is HA. It's irrational thinking. It's what got you into this mess. This is the nature of the beast and it will find a way back in if allowed. You've been so convinced of your imaginary disease that you will struggle to accept that you don't have it. You will doubt the people who tested your poo, the doctors, the receptionist - the container you crapped in. But the reality is that there was nothing to be found in your shit except what's supposed to be there..

Go back and look at the narrative. 'I have' and 'I am' and all about a disease that you don't have? Change the narrative to, 'I have a mental illness', 'I am going to get myself better'..

You are unwell; just not in the way you've been telling yourself. Having a physical illness is crap but mental illness is no picnic either so cut yourself a little slack here?

I'm not going to congratulate you on a clear test result. Given your history on here, it just doesn't feel right to me? (no offence to anybody else).

I sincerely hope that this marks the beginning of the end with your battle with HA, Mr Lurcher. I hope that you will put everything you have into trying to overcome it, and that you will use this thread to remind yourself of how convincing (and how wrong) your thoughts can be. Turning up to therapy isn't enough. You have to want to get better with everything that you are (and then some)

This is what you owe yourself and your family, right?

Yes you're right Nora, I owe to my family to sort this out now. Over the past few weeks I've seen my mum crying, my MIL picking up tablets for me, my partner losing her rag trying to talk me down, my brother shouting at me for causing my mum so much stress. I try and shield my kids from all this though and refuse to talk about HA stuff in front of them.

It's not going to be easy. I'm already getting niggly thoughts back this morning. Pulisa was right, there's been a 'fallout' from my meal last night. We just had a selection of stuff from Tesco - Pizza, some chinese curry, chips, dips, spring rolls, crisps. I also ate our daughters' left over puddings, probably a bad idea. Have an awful stomach this morning, diarrhea upon waking etc. But it's most likely that I've overindulged and ate late at night after hardly eating for two weeks.

Absolutely it’s a fallout from last night.

Right now your HA received a sucker punch yesterday but it’s not dead, so be on your guard for any stirrings. Whenever you feel yourself leaving to slip back into worrying re read this thread, particularly the first paragraph in your last post.

You owe it to yourself and family to give this your all. Challenge EVERY thought. Channel your third voice, the one that drowns out the other two. Good luck and fight on Mr.L

Ghost…Spillways

Sounds like you've been eating a load of shi te Mr L. Just the ticket when your poor stomach has been denied meals over your worrying. As they say, you reap what you sow.
    Seriously, you've got to get a more healthier balance in your eating if you want to be free of stomach and bowel issues. It sounds like you had 3 takeaways all in one go!

Now that you've gotten the all clear yet again which I predicted pages ago, maybe, just maybe, taking a break from the forum would be a good 1st step toward helping yourself. There's no reason to post and ruminate on non issues at this point. As suggested, this thread alone puts things in perspective quite clearly.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 150 of 187 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast

Thread Information