Page 152 of 187 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Ok thanks, I will ring up and ask. Why not do the tests out of interest?
    Because these tests don't have a great reputation and are expensive and "out of interest" for you means potential for another "crisis".

You don't want or need another crisis. Why not just try eating as healthily as possible and respect your guts? Make time to eat wisely? Why bombard your guts with crap and then wonder why they rebel? You're not anaemic so no reason to think that you have a malabsorption issue. You just need help to eat sensibly.

Well they're allergy / intolerance tests, so nothing THAT bad to worry about.

What autoimmune disorder do you have? Maybe that's something I need to look into.
    No!!! You don't need to "look into" anything no matter how much you want to

They will always show something "wrong" but if you work with a dietitian they will do a proper diet/meal plan and eliminate groups of foods etc so a much more controlled way of finding any intolerances.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No!!! You don't need to "look into" anything no matter how much you want to
    Yes, maybe you're right. I just don't understand how, when I've been feeling ok for the past week, I've woken up feeling rubbish today with bad boughts diarrhea then nausea. All the junk food last night obviously wasn't good for my guts, but why I am still feeling sick at 6pm?

Argh, this is so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    They will always show something "wrong" but if you work with a dietitian they will do a proper diet/meal plan and eliminate groups of foods etc so a much more controlled way of finding any intolerances.
    Yeah well that's what I've read, and why I'm a bit wary of them.

2 reasons. Your anxiety doesn’t just go away when you “feel ok”. It will flare up if you’re not working on it. You have a pattern, check your posting history.

If you eat crap at night, your blood sugar will often drop in the early hours more than it would if you’d eaten a balanced meal - so you’ll wake up with hunger/nausea pangs. This happens to me, I know the signs, I tend to nibble on a biscuit until I feel better - usually just a few minutes later.
    It’s good to eat something like a banana or some cereal before bed.

Hope your daughter is better soon.

Well they're allergy / intolerance tests, so nothing THAT bad to worry about.

What autoimmune disorder do you have? Maybe that's something I need to look into.
    I have hashimotos, which is where my body attacks my thyroid gland and in some people causes hypothyroidism. Don't google it as the symptoms are pretty general, and you confirm it with blood tests or ultrasound of the thyroid.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    I have hashimotos, which is where my body attacks my thyroid gland and in some people causes hypothyroidism. Don't google it as the symptoms are pretty general, and you confirm it with blood tests or ultrasound of the thyroid.
    Don't worry, I know about this because a family friend has got it. She has like a goitre now because she left it very late going to the doctors. (she has a fear/phobia of docs/hospitals)

I'm also feeling cold again like I have at times during other flare ups, and that's again concerning - why would I feel cold in this weather?!
    That's not uncommon in the heat, for one thing, your body will be sweating so any sort of air (especially air conditioning) will chill you; for another your body is going to actively try to cool itself down. And, it's probably got to do with the IBS and anxiety as well.

Stay hydrated and take it easy.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    That's not uncommon in the heat, for one thing, your body will be sweating so any sort of air (especially air conditioning) will chill you; for another your body is going to actively try to cool itself down. And, it's probably got to do with the IBS and anxiety as well.

Stay hydrated and take it easy.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm normally warm all the time - I wear shorts throughout winter! So these episodes of feeling cold, and getting chills has been really worrying and baffling me.

Page 152 of 187 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast

Thread Information