Page 153 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Its now 1.30am, and I cant sleep from filling sick and bloated. I feel horrible. What the hell is wrong with me? IBS doesnt keep people awake. Ive taken Gaviscon amd my IBS tablets. I cant believe this, really cant. Something must be wrong with me somehow, this doesnt make sense. I only had my bloods and stools come back normal a few weeks ago, so what could this be?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Its now 1.30am, and I cant sleep from filling sick and bloated. I feel horrible. What the hell is wrong with me? IBS doesnt keep people awake. Ive taken Gaviscon amd my IBS tablets. I cant believe this, really cant. Something must be wrong with me somehow, this doesnt make sense. I only had my bloods and stools come back normal a few weeks ago, so what could this be?
    Here we go again :(

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Explain to me what benign reason could cause this then Fishman? Im utterly demoralised here. Ive been trying so hard with 2 types of therapy and adjusting my diet. Im at a loss now. We’re meant to go away Saturday, but how can I when Im feeling like this. Im

Explain to me what benign reason could cause this then Fishman? Im utterly demoralised here. Ive been trying so hard with 2 types of therapy and adjusting my diet. Im at a loss now. We’re meant to go away Saturday, but how can I when Im feeling like this. Im
    last night I had band practice and didn't have time to eat dinner, so ended up eating biscuits, crisps, some sugary tea's, a magnum and some chocolate bars - just crap basically, and late at night.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m up with stomach issues too, and I don’t have IBS. It was either the pizza or the cinnastix, but Pizza Hut was not kind to me tonight, lol.

I think the suggestion of meeting with a dietician was a good one, you’ll probably feel tons better with an improvement in your regular diet.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

And last night I had band practice and didn't have time to eat dinner, so ended up eating biscuits, crisps, some sugary tea's, a magnum and some chocolate bars - just crap basically, and late at night. Now I don't know if there's a trigger there, or this morning flare up is just a reaction to all that junk food. It's the nausea that's stressing me out more than anything at the moment, because I don't feel like eating.
    Your IBS will love this diet. (not)

Caffeine is a major trigger for IBS ( it's a bowel irritant) and you wolfed down a Magnum and 'some' chocolate bars, plus all that tea which also has caffeine in. It's no wonder you have the shits..

Do yourself a favour and eat a healthier diet and these symptoms will ease up, but ya know - it does involve helping yourself.

The hypnotherapist also suggested that I could look into allergy testing, just to rule out that there's no food trigger for my IBS - I haven't really noticed a food pattern/trigger before. I've read these types of tests can be a bit dodgy/untrustworthy, so where would I get the testing done? Can it be done through your GP/NHS?
    Allergy testing is unlikely to help you. I have IBS but tested ok for dairy and wheat. However, I have a definite intolerance to both. Allergies and intolerances are different and with time and effort, I have now identified my triggers which are..

Cheese
    Chocolate (but I do allow myself the occasional splurge to keep me sane)
    Vitamin C
    Caffeine
    Gluten
    Peas
    Barley
    Cauliflower
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Oranges/Lemons - all citrus fruits
    Dried fruit
    Mushrooms
    Corn
    Wheat
    MSG
    Alcohol
    Fillers in supplements

Some of these overlap with MCS but it's mostly IBS triggers.

It's simple; your body is telling you which foods your digestive system is sensitive to. I only have to glance sideways at a pea and my guts cramp up..

Do the work so you can start feeling better...

Mine keeps me awake because, hello, PAIN!!!

If I cave in and eat anything from my banned list, I can guarantee that I'll be rubbing my guts at 4am in the morning or having to sleep with my heat pad. Pain does keep me awake. (and I have IBS)

And if you're banging down that amount of caffeine into your body late at night, are you really surprised that you're suffering when you're meant to be asleep?

IBS requires a dietary overall and working out your triggers, but that requires effort and the easiest thing to do is to come on here and symptom dump, right?

What's 'wrong' with you is your attitude and how you keep choosing to throw yourself back down the hole with all this dramatic, 'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG!' - dialogue. With this as your narrative - and a shit load of junk circulating your colon irritating the crap out of it (literally) - how do you think you are going to feel?

All your tests have been clear. There is no disease here, so this is IBS and IBS is a difficult condition to live with, but there is a lot you can do to help yourself. Learning about IBS for a start?

As it is, I knew this would happen with you. I knew it was a matter of time before you'd be back on here with the same narrative because this is the pattern..

You've chosen to eat that junk food and you've chosen to come on here and moan about the consequences instead of taking responsibility for your health. If you actually want to feel better, then you have to work out what your triggers are, and unfortunately - with IBS - it's not as simple as popping along to an allergy testing centre, as I previously explained..

I found seeing a dietician to be helpful but they will also advise you to work out your triggers as there is no way to test this other than elimination..

I had to laugh at the "dietary overall"!!! Can you buy them at Tesco's?!!

Wishing you a great holiday, Mr L! Try and eat regularly and sensibly but the most important thing is that you enjoy time spent with your family. You've had a very tough year. Try and give yourself a break from all this? Your tests were all absolutely fine. IBS is a pain but nothing more and many people live with it, accept it and cope as best they can.

Woken up still feeling sick, had around 4 hours sleep. Feel dreadful.

I had all that junk food the night before, not last night, so if it was IBS, surely it would have passed my system by now, and not affecting me a second night.

I was really hoping not to be back posting about my stomach and bowels, but the nausea is really stressing and worrying me now. It's been constant for 32+ hours with no let up. Nausea isn't an IBS symptoms either.

Meant to be going away tomorrow to stay with my partners' family, dunno how I can go feeling like this. Given my family history of pancreatic and liver cancer, it may be wise to ask for a scan due to this nausea?

I know I'm catastrophising, but nausea isn't something I get often and it not being an IBS symptom is making me worry what could be going on

Absolutely not.

Page 153 of 187 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast

Thread Information